05 Jayco Escapade Refresh and Upgrades

if you have access to a more modern scanner, you might be able to see all the switch inputs.. usually with cruise it just needs cruise on, brake off and being above minimum speed for the vehicle. ( usually around 30 mph)
It needed some resistance after all. I was trying to set it right at and nothing. Stopped halfway and picked up some resistors from OReillys and just put one on the passenger side since it was easy to get to. Cruise started working after.. awesome! Well until I hit the blinker on that side. Since the outers are tied to both the blinkers and stop it shuts the cruise off LOL! If it isn't one thing it's another, I probably should drink more. I was thinking about putting a diode in but I think those are ground switching circuits. Just going to split the wires and lights. The brake lights will be the outer lights and the blinkers will be the inners. Should work just fine.

Oh yeah and have to tear up all the passenger side of the cab. The noise is terrible now. Taking up the new seat mount and putting Kilmat under it and most on that side. Like I said I need to drink more.

And the new lifts showed up for the beds in the back so work on those tonight.

Figured out why it was louder, step up into the cab wasn’t sealed at all.. good job Jayco. Bought some Kilmat and I over killed it. I have enough for the entire RV. Just going to put some down over the entire cab floor. Might even put some around the back. Rest I’ll use in the Festiva.
IMG_2797.jpeg

I had never heard of it before. Seems like a really good way to isolate sound - thanks!

yeah, I was going to use the stuff, never got around to ordering it... still have the link saved in my bookmarks

The second box showed up today. Never got any notification it shipped or nothing. Could have just waited. Wanted to get it down before Saturday. So now I have two and half boxes left. I’m debating if I should line the outer walls behind the dinette, cabinets and under the bed. The say you don’t have to line the entire surface a few pieces will absorb the sound via eliminating vibrations. Hate to waste it though.

The second box showed up today. Never got any notification it shipped or nothing. Could have just waited. Wanted to get it down before Saturday. So now I have two and half boxes left. I’m debating if I should line the outer walls behind the dinette, cabinets and under the bed. The say you don’t have to line the entire surface a few pieces will absorb the sound via eliminating vibrations. Hate to waste it though.
Yes and no. Works better with complete coverage. Damping helps when you have very thin metal panels. Used to use similar stuff all the time back in my car audio days.

After the 6 hour trip yesterday I'm going to consider it good for the big trip. Noise wise into the wind is was quieter than tail wind before and with a tail wind it was dead silent. Almost too quiet, better have some caffeine on tap. Kilmat is good stuff. Tying the resistor in before the relay seemed to do the trick with the cruise. I can use the signals and the cruise will stay on. There's a hidden 5v on the lines when the brake is off. Just need to change the oil before the leave. Think the back brakes are warped but might wait on those till later this year and change the brake hose out at the same time, 20 years old after all.
IMG_2800.jpg

Brake.. before it combines with the turn signals in the relay.
yeah, it depends on whether you have separate brake and turn signals or combined how the heck those systems will interface.. most vehicles share turn and brake lights, so the turn signal switch itself is the circuit divider... I wonder if you could have used a diode?

yeah, it depends on whether you have separate brake and turn signals or combined how the heck those systems will interface.. most vehicles share turn and brake lights, so the turn signal switch itself is the circuit divider... I wonder if you could have used a diode?
The relay is where the turn and brake come together. Has to be a diode in the relay which is why it works before it.

The relay is where the turn and brake come together. Has to be a diode in the relay which is why it works before it.
they usually put a diode in a relay to prevent that backflow of current when the field in the coil collapses. makes it open and close cleanly...