05 Jayco Escapade Refresh and Upgrades

I love that table mount. Where did you get it?
A bit pricey but I think it's worth it.

Poles are gone! Pull that and push down. Guess it’s sturdy enough, boys will probably find out. Hit metal with the screws along the top and bottom. Thought about putting a piece of plywood with adhesive and screws but figured try this first.
That's a great enhancement! With the right cushions, kids won't complain about sleeping there. Our Airstream had convertible dinning to sleeping, but it wasn't long enough or comfortable for an adult.

That's a great enhancement! With the right cushions, kids won't complain about sleeping there. Our Airstream had convertible dinning to sleeping, but it wasn't long enough or comfortable for an adult.
Our 15 year old thinks he’s going to sleep there.. that’ll be entertaining to watch! 😂

It will be a great adventure, he will remember it for a long time.
Right now him and his brother sleep up in the cab over. Not sure how long they’ve been up there. They outgrew the couch. We got it when they were 1 and 4 so yeah they have a few memories and few they won’t let me forget 😂

Paneling and outlets done. Pretty much done back there. Need to find some lights since I like to read. Now to finish flooring and trim yuck
IMG_2584.jpeg

Your RV is going to be better quality than brand new... Built with TLC not thrown together with a staple gun by someone who started yesterday.

Your RV is going to be better quality than brand new... Built with TLC not thrown together with a staple gun by someone who started yesterday.
That's one thing I find odd about this RV. Except for the decorative covers everything has screws, sometimes in odd locations but at least it wasn't stapled. The 5th wheel I had everything was stapled. Makes me wonder what Jayco does today. Unfortunately the more I do to it the harder it will be to replace, at least parts for the 6.0L will be around for a long time.

That's one thing I find odd about this RV. Except for the decorative covers everything has screws, sometimes in odd locations but at least it wasn't stapled. The 5th wheel I had everything was stapled. Makes me wonder what Jayco does today. Unfortunately the more I do to it the harder it will be to replace, at least parts for the 6.0L will be around for a long time.
if its a 6.0 GM gas engine it will hold up a long time. if it is a 6.0 Powerstroke you will need parts.. they all do..
with the added benefit of the 6.0 PS being so difficult to work on you have to remove it from the chassis to work on it..

if its a 6.0 GM gas engine it will hold up a long time. if it is a 6.0 Powerstroke you will need parts.. they all do..
with the added benefit of the 6.0 PS being so difficult to work on you have to remove it from the chassis to work on it..
It’s the GM.. so far so good and no oil consumption.

Last of the flooring down. Having mixed thoughts on trim. Some areas just caulk would be ok but others need trim. Wouldn’t look good mixing. Hate quarter round prefer the square but can’t find any in pvc. The place I didn’t look was Home Depot. That’s pine that I already got.

IMG_2590.jpeg

IMG_2592.jpeg

Do you have a Menards near you? They have a huge selection of mill work.
Yeah that's where those pieces came from. I was kinda surprised they didn't have anything like it. Maybe the pine will be ok if I paint it good. The other option is getting something and using the table saw. Setting all the trim in place with 3m double sided tape.

Got rid of the valances and broken blinds. Slight mistake ordering the sheer curtains but works out ok. 24 inch sheer curtains work fine on the drivers side but too short on the passenger. Showed two curtains in pic but was actually just one. The blackouts are 36, little long on the drivers side. If you sew would be easier. Now need to do the bedrooms.
IMG_2651.jpeg

IMG_2654.jpeg

IMG_2655.jpeg

Got rid of the valances and broken blinds. Slight mistake ordering the sheer curtains but works out ok. 24 inch sheer curtains work fine on the drivers side but too short on the passenger. Showed two curtains in pic but was actually just one. The blackouts are 36, little long on the drivers side. If you sew would be easier. Now need to do the bedrooms.
Looks really great!

First trip last weekend.. gotta say didn't go as well as I wanted to. Cruise didn't work, radio stopped work along the way and rock came from somewhere and broke making a mess. The cab was way louder with the new carpet. That was just on the way there. While there I didn't realize we spilled so many liquids.. so many spills. So much for cleaning anything. Guess I'll start 5 year cleanings or something. Forgot alot of stuff so good thing we had the truck. And those thin mattresses were terrible. I tried telling her but she'd thought it would be ok.. LOL she asked me why she's hurts all over.

Not sure on the cruise control I'm not finding anything wrong, maybe I'm just a idiot and setting it wrong. Not going to worry about the radio. I knew better than to buy a Boss.. should of got a Pioneer, JVC etc. Put a JVC in the house area, had that radio on most of the time vs the TV. Think the extra cab noise is the dog house not seated all the way due to the carpet. Going to trim it back some more and see what happens. Have a couple more trips to iron out everything before the big trip to Alaska.

Between the twins in the back, new table and everything it just feels like a whole new RV. The twins really opens the space in the back. Alot more storage and easier to get around. I could go back and read or watch TV on my side and she could have her own. The youngest slept on the table and the oldest was by himself up top, he really liked that. The dream dinette is just what it says.. a dream to setup.

Not sure what else I'll do on the inside. Exterior needs some attention.. working on rewaxing, the diesel oil must be preventing the stripper from working. Need to look at the brakes. But for 20 years old I guess it's doing ok.

First trip last weekend.. gotta say didn't go as well as I wanted to. Cruise didn't work, radio stopped work along the way and rock came from somewhere and broke making a mess.

do you know if the cruise worked before you drove it? said it is 20 years old, I'm not sure if that is old enough where it still had a mechanical actuator for the cruise control or if it is fully electronic... generally if the vehicle is fly by wire they are purely electronic... only other thing worth mentioning is cruise control logic usually requires a minimum speed to activate and it also is dependent on a brake signal ( clutch signal too if manual tranny) to break the circuit... also has a fuse for CC.

do you know if the cruise worked before you drove it? said it is 20 years old, I'm not sure if that is old enough where it still had a mechanical actuator for the cruise control or if it is fully electronic... generally if the vehicle is fly by wire they are purely electronic... only other thing worth mentioning is cruise control logic usually requires a minimum speed to activate and it also is dependent on a brake signal ( clutch signal too if manual tranny) to break the circuit... also has a fuse for CC.
Yeah it worked last October, it's still mechanical for this year. I've tested all the connections on the CC module, power-ground-brake-resume-on/off and have a nice bright test light. Need to check set and resume tonight. Thought might be the new LED lights in the back but with the cutaway drawings I don't see where it checks that and pretty sure it doesn't. Not sure what fuse is for the CC but it does have power. I need to go for a drive again and make sure I was trying to set it right, you'd think all the miles I would but I drive so many vehicles it could happen.

Yeah it worked last October, it's still mechanical for this year. I've tested all the connections on the CC module, power-ground-brake-resume-on/off and have a nice bright test light. Need to check set and resume tonight. Thought might be the new LED lights in the back but with the cutaway drawings I don't see where it checks that and pretty sure it doesn't. Not sure what fuse is for the CC but it does have power. I need to go for a drive again and make sure I was trying to set it right, you'd think all the miles I would but I drive so many vehicles it could happen.

if you have access to a more modern scanner, you might be able to see all the switch inputs.. usually with cruise it just needs cruise on, brake off and being above minimum speed for the vehicle. ( usually around 30 mph)