why I dislike Fords.

I dislike current Ford trucks anything because they make stuff difficult to work on..

Fixed that for you.

Although, I can think of one dumb thing Ford does in particular that irritates me, and it is not oil pump belts.

A bunch of their motors, mine included, use non-keyed crankshafts. So if you ever have to change a timing chain or anything else that requires loosening the crank pulley, you're in for some extra work putting it back together and getting everything timed properly.

I know what you mean. I'm not a Ford fan but I believe you underestimated six point seven production.. I think it is closer to 2 million. :)
You're probably right.

I dislike current Ford trucks because they make stuff difficult to work on..
Nothing wrong with that; your opinion is as valid as any other person's. I would tend to agree; that's why I gave up diesels when I traded in my Dmax. I just think they have all become difficult enough that I just want a gasser.

which is opposite of the old days when they were a charm.. I liked twin I beam and 300 sixes..
Oh man, I miss my 1996 extended cab, short bed, F150 with 4.9L, 5spd, TTB 4x4. Wish I had kept that one.

generally lubrication of the rockers arms and such is accomplished thru a drilling in the cylinder head that brings oil to each rocker arm thru the pedestals, whatever the design.. I can't see a camshaft being hollow actually being a bad idea, as it would be lighter in weight and most likely stronger becaause I have always been under the impression that a hollow tube is stronger than a solid of the same diameter.

Fixed that for you.

Although, I can think of one dumb thing Ford does in particular that irritates me, and it is not oil pump belts.

A bunch of their motors, mine included, use non-keyed crankshafts. So if you ever have to change a timing chain or anything else that requires loosening the crank pulley, you're in for some extra work putting it back together and getting everything timed properly.
you didn't fix that for me.. I got paid to be a mechanic for 40 years and that personal observation Ford is because of alot of experience with how they do things. Some stuff is almost like it was an afterthought, like hey, how the heck do we put this in there. I can remember when they still had distributors... GM literally had one system and Ford went thru about 5 in the same time frame... if you had a Ford Modular V8 of 4.6 lites displacement, it depended on which of the 2 engine plants that built it which parts you needed ( one was a Windsor and the other was I dont remember) . GM used to build small block's in both Flint and Tonawanda and they are completely interchangeable..

perfect example was my OHC 5.4 Triton Motor in my Expedition compared to the OHC 3.6 in my Camaro.
wanna change a spark plug or a ignition coil on the Ford. gotta remove the fuel rail on the easy side and the fuel rail as well as the wiring harness and vaccum tubes on the hard side. GM? take one screw out of coil and that is it... there is a bunch of stuff like that.. a GM wiring harness will go where it is supposed to go with no guessing... Ford generally looks like a spiderweb.. alot of stuff like that. even Fords parts books and numbering system makes little sense whereas GM the first number is the group and it actually coincides with not only the section in the service manual but the parts book.. .

.give you another one... GM section one of the service manual is generally a certain thing, chapter 2 might be brakes, chapter 3 might be electrical... so guess how the parts book is laid out? :) yeah, chapter one in the parts book corrolates to chapter one in the service manual.. Ford you might need seven books.. :)

Lol, it is the original FAFO Guy.

that guy is funny... seen some of his other stuff and just laugh. he had one where he said Jiffy Lube wanted 65 dollars to change his own oil but he could do it himself for 75.. :)