Eevelle Goldline cover for the 5th wheel

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
We used to store our 5th wheel in one of a retired farmer's large pole barns. We moved to a house with an outside area to store the trailer, so it will sit outside. The sun here in Colorado is wow intense and when I drive past outdoor RV storage lots, most of the RVs are sun faded. Faded is not what we want, so I did some research on a cover. There are many many to choose from ranging from $150 to $1000+. My criteria was that it had to have maximum UV protection and be water proof. Many are neither. The cheap ones are more dust covers than offering protection from UV or moisture.

I chose the Eevelle Goldline, which offers a 5 out of 5 for UV protection and is water proof.

The cover comes with lots of straps to tie the cover down, a carrying bag, repair kit, ladder top cover (so the ladder doesn't rip the cover), and a small bag that I can't figure out what it's for. The material is a heavy duty rip stop material that seem to be very robust. I'm impressed with the quality.

The cover is heavy at about 65 pounds and is very awkward to carry up a ladder. I put the cover on by myself, against the directions. Unfolding the cover and dragging it out into the correct position, really isn't a one person job. When you get the cover positioned correctly and drop the ends over the caps, you'll have to pull the cover either front or back to position it perfectly The same for side to side. Pulling the cover into the perfect position really isn't a one person job. Follow the directions and have a couple people to do the job, you'll be glad you did.

The fit is pretty good. The fitment in the front could be a bit more conforming, but I didn't want to pay the cost for a custom fit cover, so this will suffice. I'll check from time to time to make sure there isn't water trapped in any folds.

Just out of the shipping box
IMG_3161.JPG

IMG_3158.JPG

IMG_3162.JPG

Tie downs to keep it from moving and several zippers so you can open the door, slides, and basement.
IMG_3164.JPG

IMG_3165.JPG

IMG_3163.JPG

IMG_3166.JPG

I've read trapped moisture inside is a concern with covers. Can you monitor humidity?

Anyone have a suggestion about what I can put between the bottom cover straps and the painted skirt of the trailer? I don't want the strap to burnish the paint over months of wind.

IMG_3192.JPG

IMG_3193.JPG

IMG_3194.JPG

Could you put a piece of paint protection film there for the strap to rub on?

Lots of inexpensive choices: PPF

Could always get some of those fuzzy things my grandparents use on their seatbelts. Course, those will hold a bit of water should it rain.

1696631700872.png

I don't think snow hurts em like sun and rain does.
my wife wanted me to get a RV barn...
but I said to her it doesn't make much sense to pay 15k
to cover a depreciating asset.
a cover like you have is a PITA and will leave marks in the paint too.
so I just wash the unit and wax it at least once a year, but I do have the tire covers

Yes, it will only go back on if we are parking it for > a couple weeks.

I sure hope not. The straps are tightened down so it doesn't move in the wind.
I live in FL, so the UV does things that it doesn't do up north... what I am referring to is when vehicle is covered outside for a long time, the places where the seams and zippers are get a different amount of staining than where the regular layer of cover is.. based on how the UV penetrates the cover .. throw in water and it makes for an interesting coloration on some vehicles.
not saying iit will do it where you live, just the potential is always there.

I think the cover is definitely the way to go. But i would be concerned about vermin getting between the cover and the roof or on top of the tires to nest.

I think mice bait boxes near the climbing points would be good.

I live in FL, so the UV does things that it doesn't do up north... what I am referring to is when vehicle is covered outside for a long time, the places where the seams and zippers are get a different amount of staining than where the regular layer of cover is.. based on how the UV penetrates the cover .. throw in water and it makes for an interesting coloration on some vehicles.
not saying iit will do it where you live, just the potential is always there.
This cover is rated 5 out of 5 for UV protection. You can barely see a bright flashlight through the cover fabric. It wasn't cheap, but some covers are. You can buy a cover that is rated 1 out of 5 for UV protection for < $100. When I take the cover off next spring, I will take note.