Yall ever read the sports news

MSCH

and wonder why people even read some of the stuff..

for instance NFL just had their annual draft
and there are news articles " grading the draft".

I've known for a long time that if the people inside the team making the choices
don't often get it right, why would anyone bother reading a sportswriters opinion?

it seems like for every first round draft choice failure
there is a Tom Brady or Brock Purdy story
which just goes to show opinions are basically worthless
until these people actually have to perform at the highest level,

Sports commentary is almost 100% about someone reasoned opinion. In the end it's just another opinion. I have opinions about football that could have a more accurate outcome than their opinion, but who cares? Don't we watch sports because the outcome is not known?

Don't watch sports other than college football, and then it is just the local team.

100% can't stand listening to them blather on hours before the game pulling things out of their butts like they're some fortune teller. I keep it muted until the game is on.

Actually, if I had my way I'd listen to the local radio broadcast and watch the tv, even though the radio is a few seconds ahead of the TV. Makes it great for when you're working around the house and not paying attention to the TV. You hear a good play being called and you have time to pop your head into the room and catch it on the TV. Wife 10000% hates that though, so I lose that battle unless I go antisocial and put my earbuds in.

I really miss Larry Munson calling the games too. He was super fun to listen to.

I guess my point was that if people like Bill Belichik and Don Shula got it wrong more often than right,
what gives a sportswriter the right to grade anything until somebody actually performed a sporting act and not just got picked
because they were on a great college with tons of support and did well on their 40 yard dash time :) ?

currently, the only sports show I get a real kick out of is for a sport I dont watch very much of..
its called Inside the NBA, it has Ernie and Kenny as well as Chuck and Shaq.

Last edited:
I love watching sports but usually just the game and not all the other stuff.

My favorite HNIC broadcaster died last week at 90. Mr Bob Cole was one of a kind and could call a hockey game like no one else I know. He did Saturday night HNIC broadcasts for 5 decades. RIP Mr Cole. You are a legend.

Just my $0.02

yeah... funny thing since I grew up in Detroilet Michigan area
I had the luxury of getting one Canadian TV station in our area.. when there were only 3 american networks.. so we had 4 channels..

anyways, it was Channel 9, CKLW... and I probably heard that guy if he was on Hockey Night in Canada..
because I have watched Hockey Night in Canada growing up..
Isn't it like the longest running show on TV or at least Canadian TV?