Would you hold this for a bit?

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
I saw this in Buc-ees today, it made me chuckle.

IMG_4558.jpeg

At Buck-ees again? Have you joined yet?

At Buck-ees again? Have you joined yet?
LOL, no I haven't joined.

I stopped to get some gas and couldn't resist going inside. I'm pretty much over the crowds inside.

LOL, no I haven't joined.

I stopped to get some gas and couldn't resist going inside. I'm pretty much over the crowds inside.

me too.. hopefully once the novelty of a Walmart Supercenter sized fuel station loses some of it's luster those stores will
not be such a madhouse.. I do use the few I find along the way, just because their fuel prices are so low... even with the fuel discount card I have I've been in the situation where the Buccees fuel price was better than the discounted Love's fuel price directly across the street.

me too.. hopefully once the novelty of a Walmart Supercenter sized fuel station loses some of it's luster those stores will
not be such a madhouse.. I do use the few I find along the way, just because their fuel prices are so low... even with the fuel discount card I have I've been in the situation where the Buccees fuel price was better than the discounted Love's fuel price directly across the street.

Do you have Open Roads or Mudflap? I find the Love's price is never the best on Open Road's. I use a mixture of Speedway, Casey's and Kwik Star/Trip here in the Midwest. It is difficult to beat their pricing with those extra cents off. FWIW, I've never been to a Buccees. They aren't around here.

Just my $0.02

Do you have Open Roads or Mudflap? I find the Love's price is never the best on Open Road's. I use a mixture of Speedway, Casey's and Kwik Star/Trip here in the Midwest. It is difficult to beat their pricing with those extra cents off. FWIW, I've never been to a Buccees. They aren't around here.

Just my $0.02
I have Open Roads.. realistically, I spend more time east of the Mississippi so only time I use it might be on a long distance trailer pull when I am on the interstate,, and I avoid Interstate travel if possible... so I usually try to find a TA as they seem to be cheapest with the Open Road fuel card east of the Mississippi... .. Truck holds 92 gallons, so I can usually find a TA instead of a Loves. I pre plan my fuel stops on the interstates anyway, I have about 750 to 800 miles of range minimum

When my son was driving an 18 wheeler, company he worked for used to route him to his fuel stops, and also tell him how much fuel to buy at each truck stop... Don't know the reason for that but it probably came down to cost.. I do know it seemed funny that they would route him to one particular fuel station but tell him to get 50 gallons.. where as the truck held 150 or something like that.

Last edited:
I have Open Roads.. realistically, I spend more time east of the Mississippi so only time I use it might be on a long distance trailer pull when I am on the interstate,, and I avoid Interstate travel if possible... so I usually try to find a TA as they seem to be cheapest with the Open Road fuel card east of the Mississippi... .. Truck holds 92 gallons, so I can usually find a TA instead of a Loves. I pre plan my fuel stops on the interstates anyway, I have about 750 to 800 miles of range minimum

When my son was driving an 18 wheeler, company he worked for used to route him to his fuel stops, and also tell him how much fuel to buy at each truck stop... Don't know the reason for that but it probably came down to cost.. I do know it seemed funny that they would route him to one particular fuel station but tell him to get 50 gallons.. where as the truck held 150 or something like that.
Highway Use Tax. It’s different in every state. Some states don’t charge as much but it doesn’t go into the reciprocity kitty to pay all of the other states.

I use Gas Buddy for checking fuel prices.
As do I for when I'm not connected to the trailer, but when we are connected, I only use commercial pumps. The Mudflap app will get you some pretty outstanding discounts on fuel, but only at the commercial (truck) lanes.

As do I for when I'm not connected to the trailer, but when we are connected, I only use commercial pumps. The Mudflap app will get you some pretty outstanding discounts on fuel, but only at the commercial (truck) lanes.
We usually use Sams or Walmart. Our TT is only 28’ and I can get it in and out just about anywhere. Being able to carry around 90 gallons of fuel helps. We usually try to make 500 miles or less per day and will refuel while the trailer is dropped if necessary. We’ve not had any issues with fueling.