Winterized today and still can't get the pump to draw in the anti-freeze

We generally dont pre plan where we stay while travelling... usually on the same day we just find something up ahead while travelling, never had a real problem doing it that way, but they key to that is to not wait until late in the day.

I was told by quite a few of the counter people that our smaller trailer would be less of a problem getting a site but don't count on one being available on weekends. What we saw all across the country is many private campgrounds are dedicating more and more sites to permanent residents. We apparently don't have the technology or ability to reserve on the fly.

I wish I could wander like that. My ASD won't let me though. It would send my anxiety through the roof not knowing ahead of time.

It would be nice to get back to the time when you could travel without having to make reservations ahead all the time. When we went Az-Fla-Pa-Az in April we had sites booked the whole way. I asked when we checked into campgrounds and it would have been hit & miss to just pull in and get a site at too many of them. I don't want to be scrambling for someplace to stop after a day of driving. The big problem with booked out is you're locked into a traveling schedule.
It sure would be nice to just pull in a get a site. We have found that you can do this about 10% of the time, 90% of the time you are stopped somewhere calling campgrounds until you find one that will work. Out west you may be 50 miles or more from the next potential site.

Out west you may be 50 miles or more from the next potential site.
At least "out west" (not sure where that starts?) if needed you can probably find public ground to boondock on if you can't find a parking lot somewhere. Not happening "back east". It adds not needed stress at the end of the day.

We don't do much dry camping planned or otherwise. My worst experience RVing since moving to Az was over last July 4th, had to drive back 10 miles of rough dirt road to get where someone chose to camp to "get away". Then drive out to do stuff. Never again. Another reason we don't often go out with others.

We don't do much dry camping planned or otherwise. My worst experience RVing since moving to Az was over last July 4th, had to drive back 10 miles of rough dirt road to get where someone chose to camp to "get away". Then drive out to do stuff. Never again.
We also don't venture on dirt. @dnewton3 has a very good stories about taking the road less traveled. He's much braver than I.

We also don't venture on dirt. @dnewton3 has a very good stories about taking the road less traveled. He's much braver than I.
that means you never get a chance to do this . Man, I'd rather take the road less travelled than the road everybody uses...

if you ever get a chance to go across Nebraska on State Road 2.. do it... ( FWIW it is paved, just lonely)

PXL_20230719_222724158.jpg
PXL_20230703_013430524.jpg

that means you never get a chance to do this . Man, I'd rather take the road less travelled than the road everybody uses...
Depends on the dirt road maybe. A washboard road so rough that takes over an hour to go 10 miles or a smooth road with powder dust billowing out coating the engine bay and trailer do nothing for me, pissed the whole time I'm driving it. Did both this year and will avoid in the future.
exactly... not to mention those side road jaunts thru exacting terrain have a way of honing your skills as well as finding the weak spots in your rig.
My offroading skills are honed with the Jeep and mountain bike not the truck and trailer. We don't travel to break stuff and work on it. Everyone has a different idea about what fun is. (y)