What is the purpose of the garden hose connector on the sewer cap?

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
We talked about this in another thread, but now I'm curious how the garden hose connector can be used.

It's not viable as a drain, because it would get plugged easily.

Could it be used to connect a dual female ended hose to a hydrant and push a toilet paper clog out of the line? Or at least pump enough water into the tank that the head pressure would force the paper clog out?

I remember seeing a RV tech trying to get a TP clog loosened. He wasn't trying to get more water into the tank.

It's easier not to get a TP clog in the first place.

1693790739962.jpg

1696502709539.png

Makes sense. Grey water could go other places than the dump.

Here in GA a ton of the state parks have drains all aound the camp that you can put grey water in, it would be way easier to run a garden hose down to them since you could easily carry 50-100 feet of hose if you wanted.

Not saying anyone would actually do it, but it might come in handy in that one case.

I'd think you could use it to back flush as well. I don't ever plan on having that problem, but you never know.

Makes sense. Grey water could go other places than the dump.

Here in GA a ton of the state parks have drains all aound the camp that you can put grey water in, it would be way easier to run a garden hose down to them since you could easily carry 50-100 feet of hose if you wanted.

Not saying anyone would actually do it, but it might come in handy in that one case.
I never thought of that. Yes, there are many places that will let you dump your grey water on the ground. We carry a separate tank flush garden hose (never use your potable water hose to flush tanks) that could double as a grey water drain hose. That would allow you to get the grey water a better distance from the trailer vs. the much shorter sewer hose.

I'd think you could use it to back flush as well. I don't ever plan on having that problem, but you never know.
You never know. I have thoughts and experience with this. I'll post later.