Welcome to Nebraska

MSCH

every state is proud of something... in their case it is Arbor Day and they hit that sign with stickers instead of bullets

img_1685894198502.jpg

saw these guys waiting to pump gas... looking for a handout...

all I can tell you is it is on the Sandhill Highway in Nebraska..

IMG_0317.JPG

there is also Carhenge, in the metropolsis of Alliance Nebraska.

PXL_20230605_001410791.jpg

The sand hills are a really neat place to visit if the weather is decent.
Agate Fossil and Scotts Bluff National Monuments are near that area as well.
Worth the time if you can make it there.

The sand hills are a really neat place to visit if the weather is decent.
Agate Fossil and Scotts Bluff National Monuments are near that area as well.
Worth the time if you can make it there.
years back, travelling by motorycle was my first discovery of the area.. we came up from the south via US 385 from western Kansas up thru Chadron. I really like it out there in that area. People love the mountains but I really enjoy the wide open spaces of the plains.
Maybe because I have lived in FLA for 40 years and dealt with crowds and such all these years..

there is also Carhenge, in the metropolsis of Alliance Nebraska.

View attachment 2057
I'm not sure why they would put so much effort into that, but here is their website, maybe it will say.

Carhenge reminds me of the skewer of cars where my wife grew up in Berwyn, IL. They finally removed them 10 or 15 years ago. I never understood the point and frankly, it was ugly.

Berwyn_cars.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not sure why they would put so much effort into that, but here is their website, maybe it will say.

Carhenge reminds me of the skewer of cars where my wife grew up in Berwyn, IL. They finally removed them 10 or 15 years ago. I never understood the point and frankly, it was ugly.

View attachment 2059

if I remember correctly, it was just a high school teacher project to keep kids interested. something along those lines.