We saw a travel trailer dragging its 20 pound propane cylinder!

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
This was on the interstate heading west in Iowa. The propane cylinder was being dragged by the still attached hose. We could see something bobbing back and forth under the trailer, but at a distance it looked like a bag. As we got closer it because clear that it was their propane cylinder!!!

Never in my life have I seen something like this. The people in the tow vehicle were completely oblivious. As we passed them, we pointed back at their trailer, but I think we were pretty much ignored.

It's too bad we didn't get a picture.

We saw no mushroom clouds behind us :)

Yikes. That would be a foot to the floor, get by it as quick as possible sighting. Not because I'd be worried about fire/explosion, but because I don't want to hit a big metal cylinder bouncing down the road!

Not because I'd be worried about fire/explosion, but because I don't want to hit a big metal cylinder bouncing down the road!
Exactly my concern. I was hauling when we passed the potential ramp!

Exactly my concern. I was hauling when we passed the potential ramp!

(Disclaimer, I'm not laughing at the hurt people).

I have never watched a video so many times. When that one first made the rounds I must have rewound it 50 times in a row looking at different things. I don't think Hollywood could have made a better shot.

Bearing/Axle failure on a stupid mall crawler truck.