was up in NC and it snowed a bit at the higher elevations.

MSCH

went to the Blue Ridge Parkway to take a ride up to Cherokee and the road was closed. didn't even think about it before I made the trek..

ice 2.jpg
ice1.jpg

also stayed in the Blue Ridge Travel Park... 2nd time there in the last year... older no frills RV Park, has no bath house or other facilities, but is fairly clean and quiet... about 5 miles east of I 26 on US 64 on the way to Bat Cave NC..
IMG_0456.JPG

Glad you did fine, lots of shady spots on those roads. You can seem fine, then hit what seems like wet glass.

Glad you did fine, lots of shady spots on those roads. You can seem fine, then hit what seems like wet glass.
yeah, we made the climb up Parkway road from near Rossman on US 64... about 15 miles of climbing winding road to get to the Blue Ridge Pkway... when we got above 4000 feet started to see signs of snow... got up to the entrance to the BRPway and the gates were shut... LOL... it was slippery up there.. continued on to Waynesville. soon as we dropped below 4000 feet the snow as gone..

I try to drive the southern part of BRP every couple of years. I'll get up at 4-5 am and get up to the start just in time to watch the sunrise. Me, the car, and nature, it's good for the mental health. Although, I don't think I made sunrise the last time, must have gotten up late.

IMG_20210814_074011687_HDR.jpg

went to the Blue Ridge Parkway to take a ride up to Cherokee and the road was closed. didn't even think about it before I made the trek..
Towing? Looks like there was a lot of ice on the roads and some low hanging trailer banging limbs.

Waynesville
What a fabulous town!

I try to drive the southern part of BRP every couple of years. I'll get up at 4-5 am and get up to the start just in time to watch the sunrise. Me, the car, and nature, it's good for the mental health. Although, I don't think I made sunrise the last time, must have gotten up late.
It looks like fog in the valleys off in the distance. I do time lapse photography and would love to sit there taking timed frames as the fog sloshes around and burns off.