US most beautiful states ranked

No. When I was going to a chemical tolling factory in Malcom for work they were in Montezuma. I knew they were there but was so busy I could never get there. You go to Cabo for work, I went to Malcom Iowa. 😖

You go to Cabo for work, I went to Malcom Iowa.
It was really hard work too. I had to get up before the sunrise to get this picture....

IMG_4401.jpeg

I would say it is pretty obvious the azznozzle that wrote that article doesn't like the Midwest..
I've sort of been stuck in FLA now for years, didn't bother looking where it is rated but it aint pretty either.. which doesn't seem to be stopping people from flooding the area with houses and such.

IMHO in some area's some of the western states resemble a very large aggregate mine.. even if they do have mountains in the background...
mountains looks cool in the background but they aren't much fun to live in. :)

not to mention a state is a big thing.. and each and every one of have nice places, hidden gems and crapholes

Last edited:
Keep in mind what this article is:
Here is every state, ranked by its natural beauty. While every state has its share of beauty, it’s pretty clear that Mother Nature loves some more than others.
It's a beauty contest, so look at the purple mountains' majesty but not the rock piles. And sorry Wayne but cornfields really aren't "natural beauty". ;)

We try to seek out the hidden gems and like to get to know the character of an area by being in it not driving by and looking at it.

I did see that Michigan was highly rated... the Lake Superior shoreline can be quite nice..

this is the stretch of coast Grand Marais.

PXL_20230803_172717696.jpg

and the coast between Munising and Grand Marais.. worth saying they have nice beaches but Lake Superior is so friggin cold I'd be surprised if anybody ever walked out past knee depth. :)

1 shoreline.jpg

You go to Cabo for work, I went to Malcom Iowa. 😖

my job sent me to St Cloud Minnesota one time... In December... 3 weeks there. two days above 20F. most days it hovered around zero..
Asked me later on if I wanted to go back... I told them I was never travelling for them again.

I'm with you @Wayne Iowa is not 50th! I have been in a lot of states and originally from Canada. I agree Iowa is not in the top 10 or probably even top 25, but certainly not 50th. Interesting that California ranked number 1... I don't think so, never have been, probably never will be there to visit.

Just my $0.02

I’m surprised to see Virginia as low as it is. I also have to disagree with Iowa in my opinion it’s a beautiful state I love cornfields lol. I have family there as well as Kansas, Oklahoma and Arkansas as well which I was surprised by their rankings as well. And I’ll be fair on the first choice I have never been there but no way I thought it was first I guess there is more rural land there than I thought.

California is over 160,000 sq miles and over 800 miles in length. By it's sheer size it just happens to contain a lot of amazing geography. Every state has something to love, Cali just has a lot of different ones. I'm not crazy about Cali politics or social values in general but man it has a lot of great scenery and that's what this article is about. What we noticed traveling around Cali is you're never alone, people everywhere. But who cares what this article says, who ever heard of "Thrillist" anyway??

I’m surprised to see Virginia as low as it is. I also have to disagree with Iowa in my opinion it’s a beautiful state I love cornfields lol. I have family there as well as Kansas, Oklahoma and Arkansas as well which I was surprised by their rankings as well. And I’ll be fair on the first choice I have never been there but no way I thought it was first I guess there is more rural land there than I thought.

I like Virginia too. it is quite a nice state.
I don't know how they come up with these rankings anyway but there is no way to be objective about something called beauty...