TT gooseneck adapter hitch, why?

This in reverse. I saw one of these out on the highway one time.
1711900789340.jpeg

This showed up on my YouTube page. Looks well built but can't see any real advantages. Adds 3 feet to your length it looks like, much longer turning radius of trailer, adds 500? lbs. And it's only $6,000.
A gooseneck sure would pull a lot nicer than a bumper hitch, but what would you do with the hitch when you got to the campground? The hitch would make a great obstacle to walk into a night. I'll bet your neighbors would love that.

If I had unlimited funds, I would do that with the Ranger just to mess with people.

Ohh the looks you'd get.

This showed up on my YouTube page. Looks well built but can't see any real advantages. Adds 3 feet to your length it looks like, much longer turning radius of trailer, adds 500? lbs. And it's only $6,000.
you got me Jeff.
Lotta dumb people out there doing alot of dumb things.
Kinda like seeing the guy who hauls construction equipment running 38's and a lift kit on his truck
makes no sense to me.
Then again I've seen people try to turn a 1500 series pickup into a 2500 series
and dump more money into the process than buying another truck.

5th wheels have quite a bit more pin weight than TTs have hitch weight. Wonder if the weight of this gooseneck makes that up? I’d likely take the hit and trade a TT for a 5er before I’d go this route if I had serious buyers remorse.

I always like the gooseneck/ fifth wheel over bumper pull because of the elimination of weight distribution hitch/ sway bars that are often a need for a enclosed bumper pull trailer. Recently I was in New Mexico on a very windy day and saw the bumper pulled trailers at what I suspect a much greater accident risk than a gooseneck/ fifth wheel.

I am in the market for another trailer. I struggle between the much more availability and options of a bumper pull, with the safety of a gooseneck/ fifth wheel. Of course, a gooseneck/ fifth wheel takes away much of the storage capacity of a pick up truck bed.