the Denali Highway.

MSCH

not to be confused with Denali National Park..
basically a gravel highway that connects Cantwell AK with Paxson AK.
nothing on it but spectacular view of Glaciers, mountains and Taiga.

we actually were able to spot Denali itself from this highway. Probably 150 miles away over our right shoulders.

PXL_20230710_032933585.jpg
PXL_20230710_032943328.jpg

Last edited:
PXL_20230710_002724479.jpg

this wasn't the first time for this particular mudflap or the first thing that fell off my truck on this trip.. also worth saying if things dont go your way, you deal with it by yourself.

lastly we came upon this, guy crashed just before we got there, some other traveler's gave the guy a ride to one of the Lodges out here and they left the bike for a tow truck

PXL_20230710_013331107.jpg

PXL_20230709_205627900.jpg

don't know what you call these local monuments but do find them along the way.. people hang stuff in tree's at various locations..

You sure spent a lot of time on remote roads.

We were supposed to visit Denali NP in August, but the dang covid had a different idea.
I like remote roads and area's. If I wanted crowds I would go to Disney, Yellowstone or Grand Canyon. :)

I was supposed to go to North Carolina about 3 weeks ago, but Covid struck on that one also.
We should be leaving next Monday for NC, friend up there is finally covid free.

Did your mudflat melt off?

nah, .. it was already a wounded warrior. it had been damaged once before when I was out cutting wood and backed over something
same thing this time, just backing up where there wasn't much room to maneuver and catch the mudflap between the tire and obstruction while reversing.. tends to rip them off.

Last edited: