The Campground at James Island County Park

ctechbob

The Campground at James Island County Park​

Stay Dates - March 5-8, 2023
Site#: 48
Full Hookups: Yes
Bob Rating: 10/10
Wife Rating: 10/10

We picked this as our anniversary getaway for a few days this past March. Easily one of our favorite campgrounds. Clean, friendly, and with plenty to do on-site. We didn't even scratch the surface of things to do in the area, but we will be back.

IMG_20230306_140055409_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230306_140108458_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230306_140109983_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230306_140140782_BURST017.jpg

Last edited:
Cool, someone just wet through last month and shot street view images of the campground.

Click the little man to view the path.

Looks like a nice campground.

It's great when people take the time to put up photo globes or videos.

This is a map of my photo globe contributions to google maps streetview:

1693796672179.jpg

Looks like a nice campground.

It's great when people take the time to put up photo globes or videos.

This is a map of my photo globe contributions to google maps streetview:

View attachment 1454
I've posted a few photos in Google Reviews. I really need to get back to doing that. I toyed with the idea of buying a 360 degree camera, but never really pulled the trigger.

360 degree camera
They are really cool for sharing 360° photos of pretty much anything on google maps, but I don't store them in my photo albums. The problem is it takes a special viewer and I'm not always on a device that has the viewer.

Something I forgot in the main review that I should probably mention in everything I post.

Dog Friendly: Absolutely

We had just arrived and I was going inside to check in and the wife was giving doggo a short walk, one of the staff just happened to be outside and said that the dog was perfectly welcome inside the registration area and that they love dogs at the campground. They even have treats for them and water bowls placed outside the building. There are plenty of poo bags and receptacles placed around the area in case you don't have any on hand. I will say that they are some weird biodegradable plastic that tears easily, but at least they have them.