Sun reflecting from the chrome "X" in Duramax into my eyes while driving

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
I was heading east the other day with the sun almost to my back and kept getting this really bright reflection into my eyes. This isn't the first time and frankly it's really annoying. I thought about putting black electrical tape over it, but I want something more permanent, but doesn't get on the hood paint. Any ideas?

IMG_4593.JPG

yeah, I know the feeling... sun sits at just the right angle and shines off whatever right in your eyes..
and you wonder which bonehead thought chrome plating was a good idea anywhere
within the driver's field of view.

Taped on or clipped on?

I'd pull them off and spray them either a different color or with a matte clear. Either one should cut down on the reflection, or at least scatter it sufficiently

Plastidip them flat black. It's easy to do in place and there are probably a million vids on YouTube. I did the emblems on the Titan and they still looked perfect 2 years later when I traded it.

I'd post a link to a vid but every time I do on BITOG there's something wrong and I get a wrist slap message so I've stopped. 😖

I always forget about plasti-dip. I thought about spraying the 03 Accord "Spot" with it at one time just so it would be all one color again.