Slammed truck hood on my finger

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
I park the truck in the garage with about 3" to spare front to back. The truck sits with a maintainer on the batteries, so the hood needs to be closed before I drive the truck. I closed it today, right on my finger. To make it worse, I couldn't get the finger out until I just yanked it out. Bled immediately and hurts like crazy.

image.jpg

Those are always fun. Haven't had one in a while, but the last time I did the wife couldn't figure out why I was drilling a hole in my fingernail.

She'd rather just deal with the pain, not me......

Sorry that happened. Hope you get some pain relief soon. That is brutal on how you had to get the finger removed.

Most of us here are not spring chickens. I have found the healing will be well over 30 days. A new nail will start to very slowly grow under the damaged nail, and will slowly move the blood stained nail upward- a long process.

Sorry that happened. Hope you get some pain relief soon. That is brutal on how you had to get the finger removed.

Most of us here are not spring chickens. I have found the healing will be well over 30 days. A new nail will start to very slowly grow under the damaged nail, and will slowly move the blood stained nail upward- a long process.
No, I haven't taken anything yet.

The last time I smashed my thumb in my reloading press, it took about 6 months for the nail to be back to normal.

• Sad
Reactions: GON
Those are always fun. Haven't had one in a while, but the last time I did the wife couldn't figure out why I was drilling a hole in my fingernail.

She'd rather just deal with the pain, not me......
it is amazing how much better it feels once you get that small home drilled.. then I'm sort of laughing thinking what a video would look like with Wayne, with his hand slammed shut in the hood and unable to reach the hood release,, if that would have been me the audio would have been XXX rated..

speaking of that, I worked 40 years as a diesel mechanic and know three men who had what is known as traumatic amputations
from making mistakes working.. 2 of them lost a finger to a turbo charger ( both of them said they diidn't even realize it until a second went by that they actually touched the blades and lost a good portion of their finger) and one of them lost 2 fingers because he popped a drive belt on by using the starter motor to bump the engine... and getting his fingers caught..

Last edited:
it is amazing how much better it feels once you get that small home drilled
That's what my son keeps telling me. He is here now and volunteered to do the 'surgery'. Yeah, I'll pass.

I'm sort of laughing thinking what a video would look like with Wayne, with his hand slammed shut in the hood and unable to reach the hood release
I have a camera in the garage, but it wasn't pointed at the scene. I'm sure it would be quit amusing now.

if that would have been me the audio would have been XXX rated..
Likely so, but I don't remember exactly what I said.

Looks worse today

IMG_4456.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: GON
Drill it. I've drilled a couple and it's no big deal. Use a small sharp bit and go easy it's worth it.