Seasons change

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Early December vs. today from the same spot in the Fort Collins KOA.
IMG_4019.jpeg

IMG_4271.jpeg

Glad you like the cold and snow........
Can't say I like the cold, but I am used to it. We spent most of the winter in AZ and TX last year and liked the warmth and sun very much.

Can't say I like the cold, but I am used to it. We spent most of the winter in AZ and TX last year and liked the warmth and sun very much.
What areas of Texas and Arizona did you spend the winter in? In the last month I spent a week in the vicinity of South Padre Island/ McAllen/ Zapata, and Laredo. I was surprised how nice the January weather is in this part of Texas, and to learn this part of Texas has a highway called "the tropical highway". I also spent time at the border areas of Sierra Vista and Nogales, AZ twice over the past month, and found Sierra Vista getting much colder at night than Nogales.

What areas of Texas and Arizona did you spend the winter in? In the last month I spent a week in the vicinity of South Padre Island/ McAllen/ Zapata, and Laredo. I was surprised how nice the January weather is in this part of Texas, and to learn this part of Texas has a highway called "the tropical highway".

yeah, South Padre is as far south as Naples Floriduh... and on the Gulf which has pretty warm water, so it is going to be warm compared to the rest of the USA. Just like in Floriduh... northern Floriduh can be miserable in the winter, but once you get south of a line from Tampa to about Melbourne it is quite a bit warmer in the winter.
Cold fronts have a hard time getting that far south.. I would assume same applies in Texas

it also makes a difference how far you are from salt water as proximity to the water moderates things...

Reactions: GON
The average temperature in Brownsville this time of year is 75F highs and 55F lows. That's pretty outstanding compared to almost all of the country. I think it's similar to Miami.

Reactions: GON