ctechbob

Stay Dates - August 25-27, 2023
Site#: A30
Site Type: Back In
Full Hookups: Yes
Bob Rating: 8/10
Wife Rating: 8/10
Would Stay Again?: Maybe*

I don't have a lot to say about this review. I caught a bad case of a stomach virus on Thursday before that landed me in the emergency room getting 2 liters of fluids for the first time in my life. Needless to say, we spent most of the weekend sleeping and staring at the river, I just didn't feel like doing much else. This is a prime piece of property and I wouldn't be surprised if they redevelop it at some point.

The facilities that we got to see looked clean and well cared for, the staff interactions were all pleasant.

They use a key-card for the gate, so it is a controlled facility, so if you have friends or guests coming by, that is something you will have to arrange.

There are a fair few more permanent campers here than the website lets on, but most of them are well-maintained and not in 'prime' areas (IE Not near the river). The view from the campsite was fantastic, and we had an open spot on either side of us so we had some space.

*The 'maybe' comes from crowding. If we had campers on either side of us, it would have been a much less pleasant stay. The sites are TIGHT. If you were all squeezed in there like sardines, I don't think we would have cared to stay, or certainly not stay again.

Another negative, and I didn't get a chance to look if other sites were like ours, is that the sewer drain is about 6 inches out of the ground, which means you get to play the 'milk the sewer hose' game when you're packing up. It doesn't bother me all that much, but it does have me looking for a taller set of hose standoffs to travel with.

Screenshot 2023-09-02 021249.png

Yep, site to our left, sticking way out of the ground.
1693635274497.png

IMG_20230826_184517322.jpg

IMG_20230826_184528996.jpg

Our mutt isn't technically on our site, but we had no neighbors and most people treat that area by the river as more of a community space than part of an assigned campsite.

IMG_20230825_164540033_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230825_164538512_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Great site that close to the river! We would have trouble keeping Shandy out of the water, but the sounds, sights, and smells would be worth it!

Another negative, and I didn't get a chance to look if other sites were like ours, is that the sewer drain is about 6 inches out of the ground, which means you get to play the 'milk the sewer hose' game when you're packing up.

Those are really annoying as they can slow down the flush velocity so you have a hard time getting a good tank flush.

Great site that close to the river! We would have trouble keeping Shandy out of the water, but the sounds, sights, and smells would be worth it!

Those are really annoying as they can slow down the flush velocity so you have a hard time getting a good tank flush.
Yea, I'm one of 'those people' that probably use too much water farting around with cleaning out my tanks as well. I'll leave the water flush on, close the valve, and let it fill back up for a few minutes and drain it again. I mainly just want to make sure I get all of the 'solids' out before I take it home. Grey water I don't care as much about, I'll happily just dump that straight into the yard.