Private Sites

ctechbob

Have you ever camped at a site where it was so good that you really didn't want to review it or tell other people about it because you wanted to keep it all to yourself and hopefully make it easier to book in the future?

We're currently at one of those right now. We've never stayed in this part of Florida but we are completely blown away by it. We've stayed on the gulf before and generally prefer it to the Atlantic side, but this is next level. It just fits us to a 'T'.

No college kids around, no mass commercialization of the area, but enough restaurants and stores to be happy. Chill and laid back. This area was one of the ones that got obliterated by Hurricane Michael back in 2018, and you can still see evidence of that everywhere, but they have done a good job coming back from it.

As a bonus, the site is a single RV site. The only neighbors are the 4 houses that are on this street, and those are well spaced.

I will break down and review it when I get home in a few days, but this has been the week my brain needed to get away from the crap I have to deal with at work.

IMG_20230918_131023208.jpg
IMG_20230918_123725804_HDR.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
We never had a single site like that before, but there are a couple campgrounds that we keep going back to and get the same site every time. One in Door County, WI and one in Breckenridge, CO

Can't wait to see your review.

There's a few of them here, but there will be no more. They legislated away the ability of the landowners to turn their properties into RV sites. The handful that are here are all that will ever be.

There are a couple of parks that are adding sites though, so not all is lost.

There's a few of them here, but there will be no more. They legislated away the ability of the landowners to turn their properties into RV sites. The handful that are here are all that will ever be.
I can see both sides of the coin. The landowners that turn property into RV sites and let the sites turn into garbage pits are likely the owners that ruined it for everyone. However, the owners that would keep a beautiful site(s) are unfairly legislated out of existence.

I can see both sides of the coin. The landowners that turn property into RV sites and let the sites turn into garbage pits are likely the owners that ruined it for everyone. However, the owners that would keep a beautiful site(s) are unfairly legislated out of existence.
Yea, the county doesn't want the place to turn into a huge RV park, I can see that. It is a good idea though in my opinion if you owned beach property that got leveled by a hurricane. Make it an RV site and when the hurricane heads your way, pack it up and get out of dodge.

There are some other areas that it looks like that is exactly what people have done. There's a spot on one of the main roads that is nothing but pole barns and RV's.