Pebble RV

ctechbob

Hadn't heard of these until tonight. Guess they're still in preorder status at $109k+, optional EV drive motor that will help propel the trailer and 1kw of solar on the roof.

Be interesting to see how they sell. Notice they have placed the wheels in the center like a Euro-trailer, makes me wonder how stable they'd be on the highway, of course, maybe the battery pack is in front of the wheels putting more weight up there.

Warning, the website is annoyingly over complex.

Kinda dig the look of the thing:

1703231878441.png

1703232199467.png

Last edited:
That looks way cool, but that's a lot of glass in the host summer sun.

Yes, the website performance is really bad.
Capture.JPG

That looks way cool, but that's a lot of glass in the host summer sun.

Yes, the website performance is really bad.
View attachment 1904

It does send me down the daydream path though. I've had it in the back of my mind for a while now about building an RV out of cutting-edge materials. (Not that I have the money/ability to do it, just a thought experiment). Something along the lines of an aluminum frame with a carbon fiber shell. The geek in me wants to know what a trailer the same size as mine would weigh if you picked lightweight materials to build it with. Of course, it would cost $500,000 or more, but that's not what daydreaming is about.

You could print it....
I wouldn't be totally surprised if in the next decade, something like that exists. They already make carbon-reinforced filaments.

They're 'printing' rocket bodies with essentially a gigantic 3d printer that uses a welding head instead of heated plastic. It will be fun watching the technology mature.

This is how you tow an RV with your EV and not kill the range. EVRV? Needs a rack with a plug for your Ebike.

These euro style trailers need a lot less WD and a lot more sway control I bet. That setup the UK guy posted on BITOG was a 3100 lb trailer with 165lbs of tongue weight.

Last edited:
Looks like no slideout , would be tough for those with dogs. Thanks a lot of money per square foot of camping space.

Looks like no slideout , would be tough for those with dogs.
That's one of the reasons we sold our Airstream. It's really cramped with no slides, especially when you live in it for a couple months.

at a certain point in life, unless you have more disposable income than Warren Buffet you gotta wonder who the heck buys some of this stuff... figuring the average person might use their RV 2 weeks of the year its cheaper to fly somewhere, rent a car, stay in a five star hotel and eat room service than it is to own one of these units.

True that. However, we are not average. By March 1st we will have spent 290 days in our rig in the last 2.5 years.
there are two basic groups of people in RV's... I suspect the largest subset is people who have one parked in the yard that sees occasional use.. I'm one of the other type, but I am also old enough to not work anymore and have the ability to go places for long periods of time.. I've never counted how long I have been on the road, probably 3.5 months this year... couple years before that due to either covid or lack of a RV useage was zero... I know one thing for sure is as soon as my RV starts to become a yard ornament that sucker is gone as RV's are about as good of an investment as a boat. :) ..

We bought the truck 5/21, it has 23k miles on it and 17k of those are towing. When we stop traveling long distance this truck and trailer go and something usable for short trips will hopefully replace them. I'm going to be one of those 80 YOs puttering along barely seeing over the dash. :oops:

Since we always have dogs the whole fly/rent car/5 star motel/room service thing is no go.

Since we always have dogs the whole fly/rent car/5 star motel/room service thing is no go.
This and the fact that I like to see what's between the start and destination. When we retired, I can see us being gone for months at a time.

I think this is the reason the wife enjoys it, when she figured out we'd take our 4 legged idiot with us on pretty much every trip, she became a lot more accepting of the new hobby. Now we treat it as a 'weekend vacation' since both of us still work.

This and the fact that I like to see what's between the start and destination. When we retired, I can see us being gone for months at a time.
It seems like you already go for months at a time! We're much more interested in the little things you discover if you spend a day or two exploring a random area than the big tourist destinations. So much amazing stuff everywhere.

It seems like you already go for months at a time! We're much more interested in the little things you discover if you spend a day or two exploring a random area than the big tourist destinations. So much amazing stuff everywhere.

the beauty of RVing is when you get off the interstate and make your way via the other routes available that people who are in a hurry never see. I've came to the conclusio that every interstate highway in the USA is basically the same thing, only exception is the background scenery.

you dont see stuff like this at the normal tourist destinations
PXL_20230605_015036923.jpg

PXL_20230726_181408746~2.jpg

PXL_20230803_171715413.jpg

the beauty of RVing is when you get off the interstate and make your way via the other routes available that people who are in a hurry never see.
Because of this, when we retire we have the idea to only travel on interstates when absolutely necessary. There is so much to see and so many less driving jerks when you get off the beaten path.