"Not so glamorous" living in a van, I wonder if nobody told her it didn't have a bathroom or shower?

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
I saw this article that basically said she had high hopes that were dashed because van life isn't glamorous. No shower and no toilet, but I don't understand what she expected? You do with what you have and make the best of it. Instead, she wrote an article about how much she didn't like the van life. I'll bet she got some really good pictures and experiences.

13 days ... why do people even write those articles.... being full time in a well equipped large RV gets old.

living in a van is about a quarter step removed from the person who pushes the shopping cart and sleeps under a bridge in a cardboard house

13 days ... why do people even write those articles.... being full time in a well equipped large RV gets old.
I think her only purpose of renting a van was to write an article. She probably was completely uninformed and had a bunch of preconceived notions and had no real desire to live in a van for the purpose of RVing.

Those types of vans are akin to a motorized tent.

What did she expect? Clearly, too much.

This is typical of a person who sees life on the 'net and thinks "That's glam; I wanna do that!" because her fav Insta-Influencer said it was "AAHHHHMAAAAZIIIINGGG".