Mudflap fuel discount app

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
We started discussing the Mudflap fuel discount app in another thread. I did some reading and downloaded the app to see what their fuel discounts are compared to my OOIDA and TSD fuel cards. I am surprised to see that Mudflap often offers a considerably, like $0.20/gal, better discount than the others.

For those that have used the app, from what I understand, all you need to do is generate a fuel purchase number and show it to the clerk at the commercial fuel register. Is it really that simple?

I generally use 'Upside' (Formerly Get Upside). Around here I usually score in the $.10 range per gallon. On the road it is hit or miss since not everywhere participates.

We started discussing the Mudflap fuel discount app in another thread. I did some reading and downloaded the app to see what their fuel discounts are compared to my OOIDA and TSD fuel cards. I am surprised to see that Mudflap often offers a considerably, like $0.20/gal, better discount than the others.

For those that have used the app, from what I understand, all you need to do is generate a fuel purchase number and show it to the clerk at the commercial fuel register. Is it really that simple?
Wayne
I’ve used Mudflap for a few years now. You create the fuel code, show it to the clerk and pump away. Several stations around here allow you to pump first and show the code after. I’d be glad to answer any questions if folks have any.

I find Mudflap and Open Roads to go back and forth for best discounts. I usually check both along my route and develop a plan.

Just my $0.02

Wayne
I’ve used Mudflap for a few years now. You create the fuel code, show it to the clerk and pump away. Several stations around here allow you to pump first and show the code after. I’d be glad to answer any questions if folks have any.

I find Mudflap and Open Roads to go back and forth for best discounts. I usually check both along my route and develop a plan.

Just my $0.02
I just made a trip to Iowa and back last weekend and finally was able to use the app. It's very easy and at a couple stops, I entered my code right at the pump. Mudflap had better prices for this entire trip and I'm comparing to Open Roads and OOIDA cards.