Looking for comments/ recommendations on towing a enclosed 32' triple axle trailer

GON

A BITOG member sent me this trailer that goes to auction tomorrow. I can't post the pictures but here is a link to the trailer:

I am going through a change of life (how weird is that) and may need a trailer to haul my stuff to Alaska, or trailer to put stuff in storage for two years while I work static in locations that may be Korea or Bulgaria.

I have towed trailers CONUS coast to coast numerous times. The largest enclosed trailer I have towed as a 20 feet enclose, eight foot high, 7500LBS. I also have enclosed featherlight horse gooseneck trailer I tow, but I think it is about 24 feet long.

If I win this trailer at auction, I will be towing it with a 2019 F350 dually with the 6.7 diesel. My concerns are what are the challenges of towing a trailer this size with a dually? I am starting to think backing up may be an issue, and I may not be able to load/ unload the trailer at pickup/ delivery sites because the trailer is too long. This may require me loading a small trailer, then moving the small trailer to this trailer for household goods upload.

One side note- although the trailer looks awesome inside, it does not appear to have any places to tie down/ secure cargo/ loads.

An additional side note, studying the exterior of the trailer, it appears to have been owned by
Dent Wizard International
4710 Earth City Expressway
Bridgeton, MO 63044-3831

And my question always is- why did they send the trailer to auction- didn't someone internal want to buy it?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Last edited:
Been ages since I've towed a gooseneck, but I don't recall anything being particularly difficult about backing one up vs a bumper pull other than the rear end is WAAYYY back there. Properly adjusted/good mirrors will help a ton, and a spotter if you have one.

Good set of ramps or a good jack will pay dividends if you have to change a tire....BTDT many many times because of poor decisions made by the owner of the trailer I towed.

I will be towing it with a 2019 F350 dually with the 6.7 diesel.
The F350 will pull this trailer just fine.

My concerns are what are the challenges of towing a trailer this size with a dually?
It's not a race and this trailer will tow very nicely at 60-65 MPH. We pull a 37' 5th wheel that weighs 20k and it tows just fine with our 3500.

I am starting to think backing up may be an issue
The longer the trailer the easier they are to back up, so long as you have the room. Short trailers are much more difficult to back. Plus, this trailer's pivot point is over the truck's rear axle, not on the bumper. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised how easy it is to tow and backup.

Reactions: GON
The F350 will pull this trailer just fine.

It's not a race and this trailer will tow very nicely at 60-65 MPH. We pull a 37' 5th wheel that weighs 20k and it tows just fine with our 3500.

The longer the trailer the easier they are to back up, so long as you have the room. Short trailers are much more difficult to back. Plus, this trailer's pivot point is over the truck's rear axle, not on the bumper. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised how easy it is to tow and backup.
The auction just went from $7600 USD to over $11,000. Appears a bidder from MO wants this bad. I set my alarm clock, I like this trailer and it matches certain needs. When wake up I am prepared to go to $15,600 USD. Shame as I think just one or two bidders will take this trailer from a 9-15k USD sales price to over $15k.

I really like this trailer is all aluminum, and the triple axle means if loaded and a tires blows, can still get off the road safely in many cases.

The auction just went from $7600 USD to over $11,000. Appears a bidder from MO wants this bad. I set my alarm clock, I like this trailer and it matches certain needs. When wake up I am prepared to go to $15,600 USD. Shame as I think just one or two bidders will take this trailer from a 9-15k USD sales price to over $15k.

I really like this trailer is all aluminum, and the triple axle means if loaded and a tires blows, can still get off the road safely in many cases.
Yep, $16,800. Still seems like a fair deal for a big trailer like that.

Reactions: GON