Joe Mama's Wood Fired Kitchen - Port St. Joe, FL

ctechbob

406 Reid Ave, Port St Joe, FL 32456

Easily my best meal of the trip.

I do love a good pizza/calzone and this one didn't disappoint. I had a simple pepperoni calzone and it was excellent. The wife had a crab meat salad and said hers was very good as well.

The place is between an alley and a street, but is open on both ends with a patio on the alley side that is dog friendly, and a dining room on the street-facing side.

Service could have been considered a smidgen slow, but it was the off-season, we weren't in a hurry, and the food was still hot/cold the way it should have been, so no harm no foul on our part. The whole area (Port St. Joe/Cape San Blas) is a bit like that, sortof like being on 'island time'. Perfect for our vacation.

We meant to go back, and never got the chance, although it will be one of the first places we visit when we go back in 2024.

Their menu sure looks good. The goat cheese dip and clam chowder would be right up my alley.

Their menu sure looks good. The goat cheese dip and clam chowder would be right up my alley.

Oops, I forgot we had the goat cheese dip. Yes, it was very good, and I'm not a huge goat cheese fan. Wife agreed.

Finally managed to get some pics off the wifes phone:

My calzone. Very tasty!

IMG_3191.JPG

Her crab somethingorother salad. That is a parm crisp on top.

IMG_3192.JPG