if you want to take a RV to New York City

MSCH

only place we could find was Liberty Harbor Park in Jersey City NJ.
this was years ago as you can see by the truck I was driving and the old Thor
, it was a gravel parking lot within eyesight of the Statue of Liberty
and short walk to Subway to go to NYC proper

https://www.google.com/maps/place/L...120409!4d-74.0438809!16s/g/1wd3wz63?entry=ttu

1 liberty harbor park.JPG

It's still there and it's only $150/night for RVs and $75/night for tents!

Streetview:

What an intriguing place. Does my brain in thinking about an RV trip to NYC though. Just can't fathom it.
it really wasn't all that bad getting there but reservations are hard to come by and you take what you can get.

we decided way ahead of time that if we could find a place to stay near NYC, we would stay there and go see a few sights. I honestly have zero desire to go to any big city( you name the metroplis, chances are I am at most willing to do a drive by :) ), but it is nice to say you have been to the Statue of Liberty..

1 statue.JPG

I agree. I spent many years working downtown Chicago and have traveled on business to every NFL city in the country. I've had enough of big cities.
Same here. I live close enough to Atlanta that if we want to go, it is an easy trip, but I try to stay out of the metro area as much as possible.

We stayed there last summer. Just don't go on July 4th.. what a zoo. Not much has changed. They are pretty strict because well they have to be.
FCF9E4E4-587F-4D22-ACA1-8AFA0870C581.jpg

IMG_9078.jpg

I'm still amazed that there is an RV park (well, parking) there.

try finding anywhere else to stay near NYC in your RV.
That said, try finding many places in the NE to stay in your RV.
We had to go to Connecticutt to help someone move
finding a place to stay in the RV was a whore.
Same applied to getting fuel for the truck.
Gas stations were all tiny, I saw no truck stops or places with truck pumps..

try finding anywhere else to stay near NYC in your RV.
That said, try finding many places in the NE to stay in your RV.
We had to go to Connecticutt to help someone move
finding a place to stay in the RV was a whore.
Same applied to getting fuel for the truck.
Gas stations were all tiny, I saw no truck stops or places with truck pumps..

That is true.. NE isn't exactly RV friendly. But the people themselves seemed to be the opposite. One gas station we stopped at south of Boston only had two pumps and was small. I thought great they're not going to be happy. No one batted a eye and was extremely friendly. The KOA south of Boston was pretty good, we'll probably go back there.

Lol, I saw the tent thing. I want to meet the people that do that.

View attachment 2066

Tent campers seem to be European... I've been all over the US and it just seemed it was always Europeans who were staying in a tent in what is otherwise an RV park... especially near attractions... NYC being an attraction.