I had to let off 2 noise makers last night

MSCH

about 3 days ago neighbor told me he caught someone on Ring camera peering into his car with a flashlight at 4am
I mentioned it to another neighbor who was walking their dog, she says she has them on her phone doing the same thing..

so last night I had just went to bed about 1 am... wife wakes me up and says somebody is out side looking in the car.
I quickly got my noisemaker out, went outside and made 2 loud noises.

I hope they crapped their pants. video isn't worth a crap since it is just at the limit of the camera thru the screen
but that motion sensor in the camera did pick it up. its the flashlight moving around on the left.

I hope the loud noises convince the perp to find another way to make a living.

I hope the loud noises convince the perp to find another way to make a living.
sounds like whoever is doing this has been hitting different streets where I live for some length of time.
Neighbor is a Sheriff Deputy, this prowler even tried his car in his driveway..
I did speak to the neighbor Deputy, and he said he heard thru the grapevine they think they know who it is
but until they catch the person in the act or have concrete proof not much they can do..
apparently it is just trespassing unless they get caught inside a vehicle or with goods..

We had a person doing the auto break ins around here too. He was a young teen that would stay with different families for weeks at a time. He was staying with my SIL who had kids his age. He broke into my son’s vehicle and stole a bunch of small stuff but he stole a very unique knife that was in my sons truck and left it lying on the sink in the bathroom at the SIL’s house. My son tuned him up pretty good and he left. A week or so later the Sheriff Department called wanting some information about him and eventually arrested him. He had broken into a lady’s car that had a business and she had a large bank deposit in there but she also had a camera that caught him in the act. It was enough for him to be charged with felony theft.

But he never came back around here.

I guess it's easier to live off someone else's labor than it is to provide your own labor for those things you need. When someone steals, that's exactly what they are doing, stealing labor. Can you tell my degree is in economics? :)

They all eventually get caught. Then they try to act like they are the victims of society. I started working at age 13. Not because I didn’t have everything I needed at home but because I wanted to have my own money and spend it on things I wanted. I was taught to keep my hands off of other peoples stuff.
The demise of the American family by making it more profitable to be a single parent is the cause of a lot of the problems. My mother would chastise me when I did wrong but my dad carried out the punishment.

They all eventually get caught. Then they try to act like they are the victims of society. I started working at age 13. Not because I didn’t have everything I needed at home but because I wanted to have my own money and spend it on things I wanted. I was taught to keep my hands off of other peoples stuff.
The demise of the American family by making it more profitable to be a single parent is the cause of a lot of the problems. My mother would chastise me when I did wrong but my dad carried out the punishment.
Same.

My Dad was really good at carrying out the punishments. We learned quickly he meant exactly what he said. His words were not a threat, they were a promise. I wish more parents would mean what they say.

One of the only things I don't like about working nights. The girls are home alone and even though there's a noisemaker available, neither one of them would have the presence of mind to make it loud.

One of the only things I don't like about working nights. The girls are home alone and even though there's a noisemaker available, neither one of them would have the presence of mind to make it loud.

yep, my wife is the one who woke me up. I'm the one who went out the front door in 15 seconds and let loose..
Probably will never know if whoever it was fooling around out there got a bit of religion.. as long as they stay off my street I will call it a win..

as I stated in the original post, it was the neighbors who showed me somebody messing with their cars at 4 am earlier in the week.

I’m the guy that slips out the back door in my underwear with my long barreled noise maker and slips toward the noise.
We live in a very rural area on a square 26 acre lot with the house right in the middle of it. They had 150 yards distance to change their mind when they left the road. They are not near as dedicated to pilfering what I have as I am about keeping it.