how would you like to be driving this truck?

Happened here in GA on I16 a couple of years back as well. This truck knocked the bridge off of the piers and had to be torn down and rebuilt though.

Of course, it happened RIGHT before I was supposed to be driving through there to go to a softball tournament with the kid, so we ended up having to take a route through hiillbilly country to get back to the interstate.

1714691254035.jpg

The good old "left the PTO hydraulic pump running" trick. We had a twin screw grain truck that had a PTO powered lift pump. I left it running a couple times and the box lifted about a foot before I saw it. The truck had giant mirrors, so I'm not sure how I wouldn't have noticed if it had gone up any further.

We had it happen here too on I-20 east bound @ the 113 mm. Highway construction company has a big equipment yard at the 112 exit and it was one of their drivers. The driver said that the truck had been putting the pto in gear by its self or jumping into gear. I know the driver and more than likely he was on the cb radio and didn’t even look in his mirrors since he left their yard. They park them at night raised to keep the water out of them. Be a lot better if they would just park them on a hill. I think most have gone to an electric engaged pto now.

you'd think in this day and age it wouldn't be all that difficult to install some type of warning device or interlock that would warn the driver the dump bed wasn't down.. proximity switches are pretty cheap... cheaper than paying for a bridge and a truck anyway. :)