Honda ultra teamed 2200i generators

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
We saw this setup at a local park. The van was selling some kind of slushy. Only two were teamed together, but it sure looked like they were all teamed from a distance.

Five Honda 2200i generators running together, that could power both A/Cs with a lot to spare!

IMG_3102.jpeg

That just looks like they're running 5 separate circuits off of them as opposed to them being all strapped together. That's a whole pile of cash sitting there though.

I've tested my big and little Wen's in parallel mode and have the cable for it. Complete non-event. Plug them in, start them up and let it rip. Inverter generators make things so easy these days.

I think the reason they do that is they dont want to pick one or more of these up.
Do you leave it on the slide when you run it? I appears that the exhaust is pointed out, is that correct?

Do you leave it on the slide when you run it? I appears that the exhaust is pointed out, is that correct?

not intending to be a statistic I put Genset on the ground for use... the slide out tray just makes movement in and out of the RV easier

quote: As the generator's weight is 102 pounds, manually moving it or transporting it may be challenging, despite the fact that it is technically considered 'portable' (movable). Nevertheless, thanks to its set of 4 wheels and its double handle (a decent solution to its lack of maneuverability), the generator can be easily moved, once placed the ground. https://generatorbible.com/generators/predator/3500-59137/

102 lbs + 2.6 gal gas approaching 120 lbs., above our lifting capacity. I've got a little Westinghouse 2600 that will start and run the AC with the soft start but can't use anything else but LED lights. It cost 50% of one Honda, not that the Honda isn't top quality but for our use cheaper is fine.

realistically, the Predator I own is more for hurricane duty than because I use it for camping..
but since I want to take it with me it is on that slide out tray..
physically I don't have any issues picking it up,
but mentally as I age, I have more issues wanting to pick it up :)

it does stay in the RV... for that reason.

but I also have the inverter, if I just need momentary hi output 110vac I can plug into that..

I still want to try an experiment with my two Wen's. I want to start the AC in the camper with both of them running and then shut down the big one and see if the smaller one will keep the AC running. It would be maxed out for sure, but I'm just curious.

I want to start the AC in the camper with both of them running and then shut down the big one and see if the smaller one will keep the AC running.
My Honda 2200i needed soft starts so that it could start the A/C and had no problem keeping it running. My guess is once started, your small genny will run an AC just fine. Remember to shed all other loads though...

I still want to try an experiment with my two Wen's. I want to start the AC in the camper with both of them running and then shut down the big one and see if the smaller one will keep the AC running. It would be maxed out for sure, but I'm just curious.

we've always been able to run one AC unit off of a single 15A household plug on any house... but can't run anything else in the trailer.. so I imagine two WENS should definitely be able to handle the surge it takes to get a RV AC unit started and then uncouple and going with one gen should work.
most generators have a resettable circuit breaker, and so you will find out if you go over the load limit. Honestly don't think the AC draws as much on continuous duty as it takes to turn on the compressor..

we've always been able to run one AC unit off of a single 15A household plug on any house
same

I also have a plug-in voltage meter that I watch the voltage. Anything < 108 volts and I shut the A/C off.

but can't run anything else in the trailer
Except for a few LED lights, but turn on anything that draws more and you are guaranteed a breaker trip.

Yea, the small one will trip off if it is overloaded. The big one has plenty of grunt to run the whole trailer, AC and Water heater both at the same time. I just want to know if the little 1000/1250 one will keep the AC going, more of an experiment than anything.

Everything else is 12v in the camper, Fridge is 12V, granted, it will pull 3-4 amps from the converter. If the tiny Wen will run the AC, it would probably trip off with the fridge.