Hartwell Lakeside KOA Holiday - Formerly Hart State Park

ctechbob

Stay Dates - July 15-17, 2023
Site#: 4
Site Type: Partial Pull Through*
Full Hookups: No (Water+Power - Dump station at exit)
Bob Rating: 7/10
Wife Rating: NR/10
Would Stay Again?: Probably not
*Pull through, and then back up into the site

This was our first-ever trip with our new camper and we had some friends along for the ride, they are in all of my pictures so I won't be posting any here.

Reason for my 'Probably not' rating. This particular KOA used to be a Georgia State Park, so it is outfitted like most every other state park in GA, meaning no full hookups. In essence, you are paying KOA prices to stay at a state park. There's nothing wrong with that, the wife and I LOVE GA State parks. We think they do a fabulous job with the parks and love to stay with them. It's just that there are plenty of other state parks around the Lake Hartwell chain that are better. There's nothing spectacular at this park that isn't available elsewhere.

There's also nothing wrong with KOA, I don't have a problem staying with them, but as I said above, if I'm going to pay KOA prices, I expect a turd dump on my campsite.

"As of April 1st, 2020, Hart State Park is no longer managed by the Department of Natural Resources and has transitioned to the City of Hartwell. All Camping reservations currently booked will be honored and transferred over to the city. If you have any questions about your upcoming reservation or for additional information, please contact (706) 376-1340"

Last edited:
There's also nothing wrong with KOA, I don't have a problem staying with them, but as I said above, if I'm going to pay KOA prices, I expect a turd dump on my campsite.
We stay at a lot of KOAs and have mostly found the Resorts and Holidays to be very good. Some of the Journeys can be pretty sketchy, like about 50% of them. We almost never stay more than just an overnight at Journeys.