Great video review of New Horizons 5th wheels at the Hershey RV show

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
I'm a fan of Big Truck Big RV, when he does reviews, he's very thorough. The guy from New Horizons showing the trailer is Cole. Cole is the son of the owner and has decades of experience in the industry. I know Cole well from hanging around the plant and he's a really great guy. He will spend as much time with you as you want and explain anything you can imagine about their trailers. The other sales guy is Austin, who was our salesman when we bought our Summit. Both worked in the plant for years and know the trailers inside and out. I highly recommend both of them!

This review is one of the best I've seen of the New Horizons trailers and design philosophy. These are beautiful trailers that are well thought out and built like a tank. We are extremely happy with ours and have spent 290 nights in it over the last 2.5 years. This will be our trailer until we are done RVing.

Life goals.

I'm a big fan of an upper management type kicking it in a tshirt and shorts. (Even though it is only a setup day)

Last edited:
dont you wish someone who owned one of these rigs would do a full length you tube review after they'd owned one for a longer period of time. Anything the manufacturer provides is from the standpoint of selling it, anything a long term customer has to say ( assuming they aren't a fanboy or a whiner who complains about everything) is usually more of the what I like, that what didn't work point of view.

like you Wayne, I seen your post about the slide leak... which isn't really anything different than what people will deal with on any brand no matter the perceived quality.. That Bighorn I have held up to the Alcan, but I did manage to break part of the More ryd suspension, which is supposedly an upgrade. We shook alot of small stuff loose, which may never happen on more improved roads... and we dealt with those small things on the way there, and by the time we were headinghome we had repaired everyone of those issues and that was the end of problem.. I don't think any RV is going to show its true colors until it has been in operation for a perido of time. Obviously some brands are thrown together more haphazardly than others, but it seems to me all brands do have issues..

you really find out what a unit is like after it has been down the road more than a few times.