Duramax EGT temperatures from the exhaust manifold to the back of the DPF

My 2007 “classic” was the last model year for the GMT800 platform and they are considered “unicorns” in the Dmax community. You are correct that the new GMT900 platform started mid-year as a 2007.5 and had the LMM Duramax.
Wayne, feel free to join DuramaxForum. I’m an admin for the site under the username BoiseRob.
I had a 2000 K 3500 Classic... pictured below.
which was also a unicorn.. its just the last of the OBS Trucks from the 90's... same applies to yours...last one not changed over..

figure by the time GM switched over all the 1500,2500, Blazer, Burban and Tahoes to the new body style but those 4 door crew cab longbed trucks are last to change.

truck 002.JPG

The Rams are set up to actively regen every 24 hours since the last regen if it doesn’t do a soot based regen before. Even towing it will regen atleast every 24 hours run time.

I always thought it was DOC, DPF and then SCR. I think it would be counter productive to lower the temp before the DPF and I thought that’s what the SCR did. Was lower temp and convert the NOX to ammonia and water. I don’t really know for sure exactly how it works.

I never saw it another way until Wayne insisted GM did it that way on their trucks..
I know it’s a pain when it doesn’t.

which is why so many people delete the exhaust systems when faced with a repair.... if they can get away with it.
I know that if I ever buy another HD truck, its probably going to be gasoline.

The Rams are set up to actively regen every 24 hours since the last regen if it doesn’t do a soot based regen before. Even towing it will regen atleast every 24 hours run time.

that is consistent with Cummins programming... time based feature. if it doesn't sense the need for an active regen it will initiate one every 25 hours... if it does perform an active regen, the timer resets.. they also used to have a input speed for regen, so they wouldn't start regenning until the hit at least 40 mph... and if the minimum speed for regen was not set to zero, if the vehicle was in stop and go traffic, it would hardly ever get a full regen accomplished..

I never saw it another way until Wayne insisted GM did it that way on their trucks..

which is why so many people delete the exhaust systems when faced with a repair.... if they can get away with it.
I know that if I ever buy another HD truck, its probably going to be gasoline.
Not me. I’ll drive after dark.

I watch my engine timer and plan for the regens.
I worked in a 700 vehicle bus fleet all my life.. we couldn't do that as it was not practical...
the drivers couldn't do anything at all, but us in the maintenance end either did a stationary regen
or performed some type of repair..

I get it - 24 hours of run time... I was being a bit dense there.

I watch my engine timer and plan for the regens.
I do the same. The Banks iDash allows you to force a moving regen with just a couple clicks. When I'm an hour from stopping and the DPF % is at 90+, then I'll force a regen so I don't have to "go for a drive" when I'd really like to just run an errand.