Compressed air to garden hose thread adapter.

Azjeff

I've winterized the plumbing per the instructions in the owner's manual with antifreeze and just this year realized the city water line in and the fresh tank line in from the water panel don't get antifreeze. I mentioned this to Wayne and he said he just blows the water out with compressed air. I went to Home Depot looking to build a device with a valve just for this and not finding a simple way to do it looked on Amazon and found this. We got back from a short trip today and it was waiting for me so I got to try it out. It's exactly as pictured including the Continental hose. Fitting would have been over $20 at HD if I could have found the correct stuff. It worked fine, I went back and forth opening faucets and turning the air on and off trying to get every last drop of water out. Admit I chickened out and put the antifreeze in anyway but did for sure get the incoming lines from the water panel empty. I'll have more chances to perfect using it as we camp all winter at lower elevations.

I have something similar, but mine goes from an air compressor fitting, through a small filter to catch any oil mist, and then to an adapter I 3d printed. Of course, the end that plugs into the camper is a water 3/4" quick connect fitting as all of my connections are. If I remember when I get home tomorrow I'll snap a pic.

The only antifreeze I typically use is in my drains. Everything else gets blown out.

I use a brass adapter from air line to male hose end. Same concept, just without the hose and valve. My valve is on my second tank that I use for volume.

What I wish I had is a regulator to put between the second tank and the trailer. That would allow the second tank to be at full pressure. My regulator is on the air compressor, so the second tank is only filled to 50-60 psi. With small tanks, you need all the pressure you can get.

Like this:

Here's my two 3d printed pieces (The black parts)

The one attached to the filter is just a thread adapter to go from a male air line fitting to a garden hose.

The one attached to the 90 deg elbow is actually two parts I epoxied together since I didn't have a program handy to smash them together before printing. That one attaches to my freshwater fill. Of course, like I mentioned above, everything has quick connects on them, so I can move bits and pieces around as needed.

IMG_20231201_162451882.jpg

3D printing is on my list. Behind mountain bikes, Jeep, traveling, dog rescue.... someday.