Class C RV with < 800 lbs cargo carrying capacity

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
This Coachman Class C has < 800 lbs cargo capacity.

798 pounds of cargo add up really quickly. 35 gallons of water = 280 pounds so we are down to 518. Two people is about 350 pounds, so that leaves us with 168 pound. Fill the fuel tank with diesel weighing 170 pounds and you are now 2 pounds over the GVWR. Let's take a couple dog and even some clothes and food, but we can't because we are over the GVWR already.

How can Coachman pass the red-face test by offering a coach like this for sale?

• Sad
Reactions: GON
Nut hey, its a Mercedes chassis. I'm sure it will function for a good long time being loaded to the absolute limit constantly....

Wait...

Nevermind.

On a different note, I took a look at the payload sticker for one of the Transit 350's at work the other day. 2350#'s of payload and rides on E load range tires. I guess it is within reason to think that they're adding that much weight to these things cramming everything in there and having a slide.

Looks like FR at least includes the fuel and propane in the weight:

1709179964115.jpg

I knew they do it with travel-trailers as well. The propane is included in their 'dry' weights. Jayco/Thor does not. Or rather didn't the last time I looked.

friends of ours have a Winnebago Solis, which a a class B with the high roof... more or less the same thing as the Benz but without the slide outs and its on a Ram Promaster 1500 chassis, I can't imagine its payload is much better.