Can't figure this one out

GON

428609641_727729719542826_4743640502898103269_n.jpg

Bent the front trailer frame from the looks of it.

Must have been one helluva hitch, it really hung in there.

Bet either it started to sway and tipped or a big gust just blew it over. Most of the time it seems the trailer and truck stay attached when things go bad.

Bet either it started to sway and tipped or a big gust just blew it over. Most of the time it seems the trailer and truck stay attached when things go bad.
The trailer looks new, and in the left rear passenger window appears to be a posted document, which may DOT/MC numbers. So maybe a transporter from a RV manufacturer to a retailer.

I'll bet you lunch the accident started as trailer sway. We've seen no less than 15 of them in our travels. We saw one on I-76 north east of Denver that looked about like this one. The truck was still hanging from the trailer hitch and the trailer was on its side. We know it was trailer sway, because of the tell-tale serpentine skid marks before the scene of the accident.

The DOT number stuck to the window says that the driver was problem brand new at towing. This will likely be his last tow for this broker.

I've seen one in my lifetime... like that... it was a really large bumper pull Utility Trailer with a F 350 dually attached, on the shoulder of I 75 up near Ocala Fl... trailer on its side and the F350 with the ass end up in the air..

funnier one I never understood was when I saw a travel trailer wheels down having been left in the middle lane of I 95 southbound near Fort Pierce Fl, no tow vehicle in sight... only thing I could think was the trailer came loose and the driver never noticed and kept right on going.. because there isn't any way you could successfully come to a stop in the middle lane of I 95 in Florida and get out and disconnect your trailer and live to drive away.

Last edited:
This is an OH CRAP moment..

Amazing how close that Jeep came to major damage, yet appears to just have cosmetic damage and nobody hurt.

Thanks for sharing that video AZJ, never saw anything like that and to capture that was a total fluke.

This is an OH CRAP moment..

friends parents used to RV, do the snowbird thing from Wisconsin thing to the south every year.. always had Winnebagos motorhomes.

they broke down in Tennessee on side of road, called Good Sam... Good Sam's sends approved tow truck... tow truck is a one ton chebbie with the sling on the back.

... friends dad asked the tow truck dude if it was the right truck to haul something as large as his Winnebago... tow truck driver said " I tow them all the time".

freind's Dad is following behind the tow truck in his toad, when the Winnebago passes him going backwards after it fell off the tow truck.. I'm pretty sure it was on I 65 somewhere in Tennessee... not only did the MH come off the tow truck but it went down a roadside embankment and carthwheeled...

end result was tow truck company ended up buying them a replacement RV... :)

Or your ATV trailer comes unhitched.

I know that kind of towing is permitted and all, but there is no part of me that wants any part of a tandem tow like that. That's just way too far back to keep an eye on.

Or your ATV trailer comes unhitched.

Amazed the timing of the disconnect- how that trailer appears to have come to a stop on the guardrail and its load likely is undamaged is beyond extreme luck- WOW.

I've had a bumper trailer come off. Not too much my fault either.. one night my FIL says to me, come with me with the utility trailer to go out and pick someone up out in the woods who broke down on their motorcycle.. use FIL's pickup, ask him where the ball is, in the bed ( its dark) feel around for it , put it in receiver. hook up trailer... go down road.. funny it doesn't feel like it is even there.. when I make a right turn I find out why... thing is being pulled by the safety chains... wrong hitch ball, too small,bounced right off the truck and since the utility trailer has little tongue weight was just pulling it along by the chains, it doesn't drag the ground.. .

I've also had my fifth wheel come loose in my backyard... lesson in that is always lock the safety catch.

buses 002.JPG

I've had a bumper trailer come off. Not too much my fault either.. one night my FIL says to me, come with me with the utility trailer to go out and pick someone up out in the woods who broke down on their motorcycle.. use FIL's pickup, ask him where the ball is, in the bed ( its dark) feel around for it , put it in receiver. hook up trailer... go down road.. funny it doesn't feel like it is even there.. when I make a right turn I find out why... thing is being pulled by the safety chains... wrong hitch ball, too small,bounced right off the truck and since the utility trailer has little tongue weight was just pulling it along by the chains, it doesn't drag the ground.. .

I've also had my fifth wheel come loose in my backyard... lesson in that is always lock the safety catch.

View attachment 2380

Oops.

How hard was the contact between the two?