Camera Recommendations

I think waiting is smart. Learn about photography, then decide if you need a better camera than your cell phone.

Yeah I agree. Heck I’m still trying to figure out exactly what this camera on my phone does. I have no idea or understanding of what Apple ProRAW is.

RAW format enables much great flexibility when adjusting images. In RAW you can edit every pixel in a tool like Lightroom.

back in the day, I carried an iphone along with my android phone just to take PICS, lol.
Yeah nice, but depth of pixel and clarity for zooming is still not there and not really possible due to thing called physics ;-).

raw is nice if you want to do stuff to it, but for me, point and click.
I did break out the big lenz and DLSR for my D's graduation.

iphone

Attachments

• sunset_1.jpg
    sunset_1.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 18
9F3A5DB6-2442-4D1B-A79A-2F7F1B4DB8D8.jpeg

Well did my first attempt at a sunset. Not nearly as good as Gobi picture. Taken with my iPhone 12 Pro.

Did you take a RAW as well?
No I didn’t unfortunately. Haven’t used that feature yet. I was going too but there was tons of people at the place I was at and people were cutting in front and everything so I just left that way nobody would grab my phone or anything like that.

I definitely will. That gives me an excuse to photograph more things. At least this phone has way more storage than the other one. 🙂

890E04CD-30CE-4DF1-A04E-65B74EE4FA30.jpeg

With RAW^
BD45A3D7-AC4E-45B7-BF90-61304707DC7B.jpeg

Without^

This is the pitch black night sky with clouds. Maybe it’s not made for this kind of picture because they sure did turn out similar. Interesting how the top of the trees appears darker with RAW I thought they were supposed to be lighter? Maybe I’m just crazy? 🤣. I maybe young but I’m not always good with technology. 🙂.

To really get the benefit of RAW you have to work only with RAW. The "RAW" you posted is a jpg, which is highly compressed.