Camco Rhino Toilet Flush Valve Prop

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Can someone tell me what this device is good for? I don't know of any black tanks that don't have a flush connector on the outside of the trailer. This looks like a solution looking for a problem.

https://a.co/d/e39ABOF

Last edited:
I think they are more common now, but until recently lots of trailers didn't have the water inlet on the outside.

From my sample size of 1, if I want to get every bit of 'stuff' out of my tank, I either need to put water in through the toilet, or let it fill and drain multiple times with the black tank flush.

I think they are more common now, but until recently lots of trailers didn't have the water inlet on the outside.
I didn't realize that!

From my sample size of 1, if I want to get every bit of 'stuff' out of my tank, I either need to put water in through the toilet, or let it fill and drain multiple times with the black tank flush.
I use the rolling slosh method. Fill the tank to about 20% capacity and add detergent and surfactant, then travel to your destination. You can't believe how dirty the water is when you get there.

I didn't realize that!

I use the rolling slosh method. Fill the tank to about 20% capacity and add detergent and surfactant, then travel to your destination. You can't believe how dirty the water is when you get there.
I suck at my planning which is why I never manage to accomplish that.

Plus, we do a lot of State Park camping and here in GA they are mostly dump station only and I prefer to make it through the weekend without having to dump since I've not gotten around to buying a tote yet.

But if we're going to a 'resort' I try to put a decent amount of water and detergent in there to let it agitate some.

I want to try the WRSM* but I hate hauling waste liquid around. Wayne do you slosh coming and going?

*Wayne's Rolling Slosh Method

that $hit ^ is funny,

also worth mentioning the more full you let the tanks become, the better they drain.
old technique of draining black tank first, then flushing with the gray tanks has always worked well for me.
we usually dump a bit of Happy Camper in there once the tank has been dumped.
Since I have 2.7 acres of nothingness at home, if I do make it home with something in the black tank
I just dump it way out back of my lot.
can't be any worse than what the bear and deer leave out there.

Last edited:
Wayne do you slosh coming and going?
When I can, I always slosh both ways. Sloshing is good because it keeps the black tank from smelling after it sits a few days. The surfactant is key...

FWIW, I usually add about 3-5 gallons of hot water to my black tank when traveling a couple times a season. I add some RV Digest to the water to help with the sloshing. This usually keeps the tank in pretty good shape. Our outdoor kitchen sink is connected to the black tank so filling the tank up is convenient and easy! I always dump my hot water tank into the black tank to help with the cleaning

Once I am done camping I use the Camco wand to clean my tank. I open the toilet flush valve and stick it down in there moving it up and down, but also then let the flapper pinch it and let it run for several minutes. I repeat this process until the water in the dump hose runs clean. We have a clear elbow to be able to see this.

Just my $0.02

you know what is funny about this stinky subject I I have never done anything special except to make sure the black tank was pretty full before dumping( if this required me to add water before dumping, I added water with a 5 gallon pail) and I just dumped it at whatever RV park I happened to be at.. if I was just going to travel home after that I always made sure I put 5 to 10 gallons of clean water in there.. and dumped that black tank on the ground when I got home... and added some more water for storage.. never had any issues.

We use crushed ice and Calgon. The ice sliding back and forth helps scrape anything stuck to the bottom out. We’ll do it several times a trip at different stops. We have also used the hot water for the grey tank with Dawn detergent added. The Dawn helps cut the grease and oil out of the tank from cooking and washing dishes. Helps keep the level sensors clean.

We try to keep about 10 gallons of water in the black tank and the grey tank empty when traveling but we do have the flush valve on the outside for the black tank.

Add a surfactant, like Lemishine, along with the detergent and you'll be surprised how much more stuff will come out.
I know a lot of bath soaps and shampoos leave a greasy film on the sensors giving false readings. And hair is a problem in the grey tank. The heavy dose of Dawn and hot water helps with the soap scum but I will try the Lemishine. The Calgon is a surfactant/water softener that helps also.