Anything special or interesting to do in Pittsburgh?

AutoMechanic

For my vacation this year I wanted to go to another Major League Baseball game. We chose to go to Pittsburgh for the San Francisco Giants @ Pittsburgh Pirates on July 15th. We will probably be staying an extra day or two and might end up at another game too. Just wanted to ask if anyone had been to Pittsburgh and knows of anything cool to see or interesting. Especially anything baseball related.

We originally were going to go to Baltimore for the Los Angeles Dodgers @ Baltimore Orioles but decided against Baltimore as we’ve all been there and it’s a sketchy place especially at night. But it’s in the considerations for upcoming years. We also considered Philadelphia but decided on Pittsburgh. My goal is to eventually go to every MLB park and see every MLB team play. So if anyone knows of anything to do in any baseball city let me know so I can consider for future years. So far I’ve been to Cincinnati Reds who were hosting the Cleveland Indians and I’ve also been to New York Mets hosting the Miami Marlins.

Any places or suggestions welcome. Thanks. Any places on the way to and from Virginia are welcome as well.

We ended up having a great time in Pittsburgh at the game and then going to different stores that we don’t have in Virginia like IKEA.

Here are some pictures. PNC Park is truly a beautiful stadium to visit and see. You get a great view of Pittsburgh. If you’re in Pittsburgh during baseball season I recommend you go to this stadium. It is right next to the Steelers stadium too for the football fans. Traffic and parking are hectic so I recommend you go in a car and not an RV. Pictures of some of the post game firework show will post in next post.

IMG_4182.jpeg
IMG_4170.jpeg
IMG_4194.jpeg
IMG_4209.jpeg
IMG_4180.jpeg
IMG_4220.jpeg
IMG_4167.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some pictures. PNC Park is truly a beautiful stadium to visit and see. You get a great view of Pittsburgh. If you’re in Pittsburgh during baseball season I recommend you go to this stadium. It is right next to the Steelers stadium too for the football fans. Traffic and parking are hectic so I recommend you go in a car and not an RV.
Carlos Santana looks really young!

It sure look beautiful! I've never been to Pittsburgh and I'm sure we won't pull the 5th wheel to the stadium!
Yeah and don’t get near I-376 in an RV on game day either haha. Absolutely hectic. 4 crowded lanes going every which way. Almost as bad as New York City during game time. I’ve been to Pennsylvania quite a few times but never to Pittsburgh. Sometime on the agenda maybe in the coming years plan on going to Philadelphia to see a game.