Any significant concerns using a sleeve in a 3" receiver for a 2.5" tow hitch?

GON

2017+ Ford Super Dutys with dual rear wheels come with a 3" tow receiver, instead of the very common 2.5" tow receiver.

3" tow hitches are harder to come by, and can be pricey. Sleeves are available to use 2.5" tow hitches in 3" receivers. Any significant downside to using the sleeve? I know one does not get the benefit of a 3" tow hitch when using a sleeve and a 2.5" tow hitch in a 3" receiver,

No, I don't see any problems with the sleeve. I do recommend a serious anti-rattle clamp to keep the pin hole from wearing and to keep you from losing your mind listening to the constant rattle. This is what I use:

I use the 2.5"to 2" sleeve in the Sierra and never notice a rattle, must be because of the WD hitch keeping pressure on it?

I use the 2.5"to 2" sleeve in the Sierra and never notice a rattle, must be because of the WD hitch keeping pressure on it?
I use the same 2.5” to 2” for my Ram. I use shims to take out the slack. I’ve never had any problems using the adapter sleeve. I have a long tapered punch I wiggle in there to line the holes up. Have actually even thought about welding the sleeve onto the shank of the hitch but haven’t.