any of you ever been to Big Bend National Park?

MSCH

first sojourn of the year coming up.
going to head to NM and Mesa Verde in CO
but was wondering if a side jaunt to Big Bend NP in SW Tejas would be worthwhile.

We have cancelled Big Bend NP twice, unfortunately. Our son has been there a couple times and says it's a must-see park. FWIW

We have cancelled Big Bend NP twice, unfortunately. Our son has been there a couple times and says it's a must-see park. FWIW

I don't know anyone who has been there..

it appears to be way off the beaten path, so it probably wont have crowds like the real popular NP's.. which is something I like.
Teddy Roosevelt NP is like that too. Not a heckuva lot of people there when I went thru..

I have, many years ago. It was a long haul down there; motorcycle trip.
It was limited travels within the park at the time; drug and coyote (cartel) issues. Because of this issue, we saw a limited amount of the park. Not sure of the status of the park these days; check the NPS website for travel and visit updates.

Yes, stunningly beautiful area. Parts of the Rio Grande River running along the boarder of the park bring pockets of a green oasis to the parched terrain. One must find beauty in parched terrain to enjoy the area.

Yes, stunningly beautiful area. Parts of the Rio Grande River running along the boarder of the park bring pockets of a green oasis to the parched terrain. One must find beauty in parched terrain to enjoy the area.

sounds alot like Las Vegas.. :) You drive across hundreds of miles of what amounts to a gravel pit, and all of the sudden there is some green..