20 things we wish we knew before RVing to Alaska

GON

I know many in this forum have RVed to Alaska- maybe you will have different thoughts from what the article's author posted.

Of note- I tried to post this in the Alaska thread but wasn't anywhere to start a new thread.

I already did Alaska trip.. ask me WTF you really need and what you don't... ... I've seen some other videos from the Hanks... they are OK,but I can't sit thru video's like that.. it isn't all that difficult to go there...

IMHO best info on traveling the Alcan is here.. without the editorials you tubers are prone to waste time on..

THE MILEPOST

Reactions: GON
I've watched too many videos, all are basically the same. I've ordered the 2024 Milepost which show up next month. We're heading out for month at the end of May. Mostly going to wing it but have the start and stops for each day. Some people try to do too much on trips and wear themselves out.

Last edited:
Speaking of Milepost.. it showed up early!
IMG_2650.jpeg

Speaking of Milepost.. it showed up early!
View attachment 2505

its a pretty good book.. a little unusual the way you read it, until you figure out how they format their individual maps..
ie they count miles or km from one point to another for that particular section of road they are chatting about.., and list it that way... such as DC330, which means Dawson Creek is 330 miles away from that point... but it has a ton of details..

other thing worth saying is once you onto th eAlcan proper you almost can't get lost because it is the only road you will have.