1.1 Million people joining the RV lifestyle?

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
You have to read through this article carefully and follow their logic carefully as well. If they are correct, there will be a ton of people coming into the RV lifestyle. This could be more of a figures don't lie but liars figure. I think they are fudging it a bit or even more than a bit to the high side.

You have to read through this article carefully and follow their logic carefully as well. If they are correct, there will be a ton of people coming into the RV lifestyle. This could be more of a figures don't lie but liars figure. I think they are fudging it a bit or even more than a bit to the high side.

I've read the article twice.

I'm not buying it.

When I start seeing people toting rv's down the interstate with EV's, maybe, but that point is pretty far out with current tech for it to be feasible.

Still want the Hybrid Ranger. Can't quite bring myself to wanting to get a 'PowerBoost' F150. Although the 7.2K onboard inverter would be super schmick for overnight parking lot stays.

predictions are like azz#0!es.. everybody has one.
one thing I do know is if I had a crystal ball, I would own the street named Wall.

red wave anyone?
recession?
stock market collapse?
end of the world.
global communism
Y2K.

it isn't a good idea to take anything seriously from magazine authors..

Read the article twice and can't follow the logic. IMO the fail in the article is the assumption that the emergence of EV-RVs including electric trucks to tow and EV motorhomes will bring a million more people into RVing. I think we'll be done dragging an RV around long before EV-RVing is a thing.

The problem I see with EV-RVs is energy density. Battery energy density just isn't there to pull a heavy and highly wind resistance object around without having a 5 ton battery pack. Some day battery energy density will be much improved, but it isn't today.

Wayne, maybe the problem isn't so much the battery pack as towing a small house? ;) There's never going to be a battery pack able to give decent range pulling your trailer IMO.

meanwhile every RV sales place I have passed in the last 6 months has a parking lot full of RV's for sale..
as far as electric vehicles, you can already see the automakers pulling back production as sales are not what
wishful thinking predicted.

Read the article twice and can't follow the logic. IMO the fail in the article is the assumption that the emergence of EV-RVs including electric trucks to tow and EV motorhomes will bring a million more people into RVing. I think we'll be done dragging an RV around long before EV-RVing is a thing.
I was wondering if it was just me.

I could not think that would be true. RVs are expensive. I see them piling up on the local dealers lots but I guess it is the off season too. The only RV lifestyle I can afford to join is the movie RV lol. And most electric car owners I know aren’t going to buy an RV unless it was hybrid or electric so there’s that too.

I could not think that would be true. RVs are expensive. I see them piling up on the local dealers lots but I guess it is the off season too. The only RV lifestyle I can afford to join is the movie RV lol. And most electric car owners I know aren’t going to buy an RV unless it was hybrid or electric so there’s that too.
Blake, I think the whole idea of the article was that 1.1 million people would be drawn into owning and using an RV because either they bought an EV truck or when EV motorhomes become available. Don't see it happening.