Zilker Park - Austin, TX

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Zilker Park is a Austin city park located across the Colorado river from downtown Austin. Whoever had the foresight to leave this huge tract of land for a city multipurpose park was brilliant. In fact, there is so much green space along the river, even downtown Austin, that someone deserves a big thank you for making Austin full of green space and biking/walking paths.

Zilker is used for concerts, volleyball, festivals, connects to several walking paths, and has so much parking that we've never seen it full. There must have been 50 dogs playing fetch and running around having a great time with their owners. We even saw a guy flying a RC airplane, who was teasing a dog. I don't think the dog's owner was too pleased, but the dog was.

Photoglobe of Zilker

Taken from the center of the park looking at downtown:

20200530_140010876_iOS.jpg

Taken from the center of the park looking away from downtown:

20200530_134841594_iOS.jpg

Wow. I love it! I love the area. I was stationed at Fort Sam in the 90's. I'm interested in this area.

Austin is a great city. We have a recommendation on a really nice RV park when you visit there :)

We went into Austin several times while we were staying at Georgetown Lake COE, we did not make it to the park. It is still way to much of a city for me to be happy there. We just found out the COE is going to be closed this winter, we loved our time there. If you are in the area be sure to go to Hutto TX, it was a hoot, the people in the town were the most friendly we encountered.