What is RV grounding and why is it so important?

I'm severely electrically challenged. Is this saying you're at the mercy of the campground wiring for a proper ground? What can you do about it?

I'm severely electrically challenged. Is this saying you're at the mercy of the campground wiring for a proper ground? What can you do about it?
some campgrounds do have cheesy electrical supplies... I would say best bet to protect yourself is to use a surge protector that shows if the power supply is good or not so good... and act accordingly.

I didn't have to sign in.
you are correct, I just needed to close out the pop up window...
to be honest guys like that who write those articles kill me and I get to the point I won't listen
because they over analyze and dramatize everything , It's like Bitog, after awhile it is just mind numbing. :)

don't really need to know all that much to plug something in.... and they sell devices so you can check. :)

That's exactly what it's saying.

Use a good surge protector that will keep your trailer isolated and warn you about bad grounds. We have the Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X. We did have a pedestal one time that looked pretty shabby and the surge protector warned of an open ground, which thankfully keeps your trailer isolated from shore power. We asked for another site, which was fine.