WeatherTech no-drill front mud flaps on 2021 Chevy 3500

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Both the front and rear factory "mud flaps" aren't any such thing. Frankly I'm not sure why they bother to put them on as they really don't block anything. I put WeatherTech no-drill mud flaps on my 2018 and were very happy with them. Because of my past experience with WeatherTech, I picked up another set for my 2021 Chevy 3500. The install is as simple as could be, just remove the three screws from the factory flap, slide the WeatherTech onto the factory flap, then put the three screws back in. The WeatherTechs give you 6" of additional rock chip stopping mud flaps for $40 and take about 5 minutes to install. What's not to like?

20210616_131517727_iOS.jpg

20210616_131455612_iOS.jpg

Definitely a good addition. I’m with you Wayne, what’s even the point and having those? WeatherTech makes good products and I’m sure they will do good here. :)

The WeatherTechs give you 6" of additional rock chip stopping mud flaps for $40 and take about 5 minutes to install. What's not to like?

Well...back when I was umm, younger, mud flaps were dorky. But on on a honking big dually pulling a small house they're probably OK.

You can probably get small chrome girlie emblems to put on the back ones. 🥴

Did you notice the rubber plugs running along the bottom of the rocker panels? Can't decide if that's a good thing or bad thing.

You can probably get small chrome girlie emblems to put on the back ones. 🥴
Just no...

Did you notice the rubber plugs running along the bottom of the rocker panels? Can't decide if that's a good thing or bad thing.
Yes and I don't understand their purpose. My hope is the holes facilitate rustproofing, but who knows what they are for.