Valley of Fire State Park, NV

Mbacfp

Highly recommend Valley of Fire State Park, NV. Good hikes and beautiful drive.

20201123_105748.jpg

20201123_105344.jpg
20201123_094643.jpg

20201123_095640.jpg

These were taken with phone, but will post more when I get from Nikon.

This looks like a great fall/winter/spring campground, as it might be a bit hot in the summer.

Photo Globe

I wonder if the allow dogs and if they do, can the dogs walk on the trails without getting thorns in their feet? There seems to be many sharps plants in the desert.

We have eyed this campground as a neat place to stay.

This looks like a great fall/winter/spring campground, as it might be a bit hot in the summer.

Photo Globe

I wonder if the allow dogs and if they do, can the dogs walk on the trails without getting thorns in their feet? There seems to be many sharps plants in the desert.

We have eyed this campground as a neat place to stay.

Yes, I remember seeing that campground. Very hot during summer. Been there twice...not sure on the dogs though. We had our 12 year old Golden so he didn't come on the hike.

There is also Red Rock Canyon State Park (near Vegas).

From the location, it looks like you could scarcely tell it's close to Las Vegas?

Yes, maybe 30 miles away or so. Valley of fire is 70 miles away. We usually stay in Vegas or Mesquite. Also visit Nellis AFB and do some plane watching.

Resized_20201125_141149_236846653632408.jpeg

20201125_132746.jpg

20201125_131556.jpg

20201125_131608.jpg

Speedway has a drive through Christmas Light show that the kids like as well.

I've driven past Nellis many times and always wanted to sit close by and watch airplanes, but I never had the time. Hoping to get to the dragstrip next March for the pro race, maybe then.

Nice pictures. I’ve always wanted to visit Nevada it looks like a nice place. If I ever get to go I’m definitely visiting the AFB and the famous pawn shop LOL. My dad wants to go back as well he hasn’t been out there since the 80s when he started driving trucks and when he took my sister in the 1990s.

If you walk down the LV strip, you may see things that you didn't know existed, being that you are young and innocent. ;)
Probably similar to what we seen on the 7th grade band trip to NYC. LOL. My auto class went out there to Vegas to SEMA but I chose not to go because didn’t want to damage my perfect attendance record. They told me all about it and bragged about going to that pawn shop I want to go to. 🙂😉