Trailer gets new shoes

Azjeff

The Westlake tires on our 2017 had 8/32s and they come new with 10/32s but even though they had plenty of tread they were 5 years old and I wasn't going to trust them out here on hot roads and long days. Made an appointment with Discount Tire and last Friday had a set of Goodyear Endurance 205/75-15s put on including the spare. The difference in the weight and sidewall stiffness was very apparent considering both had the same ratings. DT had a $50 gift card deal going and I kept the 5 old tires and sold them in a day for $75 to a guy for his local use horse trailer so getting the Goodyears didn't hurt quite so much. No guarantees but having top shelf tires takes one area of concern away for a few years.

Kind of weird that the old tires had a 21/16 born on date and the new tires were born on 16/21.

Great choice in getting rid of the 5 year old tires. It was probably just a matter of time until you had a blowout.

Goodyear Endurance 205/75-15s
From what I understand the Endurance tires were redesigned recently and are a probably the best ST rated tire you can get.

Kind of weird that the old tires had a 21/16 born on date and the new tires were born on 16/21
Yeah, that's kinda weird. 🛸

Great choice in getting rid of the 5 year old tires. It was probably just a matter of time until you had a blowout.

From what I understand the Endurance tires were redesigned recently and are a probably the best ST rated tire you can get.

Yeah, that's kinda weird. 🛸
Ive had great service from Maxxis tires, but i'm going with the goodyear endurance, CapriRacer recommended them.

Maxxis was my 2nd choice but for $75 more I decided on the Goodyears. CapriRacer's recent comments about them tipped the scale.