Tires sinking in sand - plywood?

gobi

I have my 30 ft holiday rambler towbehind stored near Frankfort, MI. It is outside storage and sandy.
I have not had a chance to camp last year and same prabably this year. I was out inflating the tires and saw the tires are sinking into the sand.

Should I get some marine grade 1/2 ply and back up the trailer on the plywood?

Seems like 1/2" might not be strong enough? 2 layers screwed together or 1 layer with some lengths of 2x4 underneath?

Too bad about not being able to use your trailer.

I made several of these blocks, because they can come in very handy. They are made of 4 12" pieces 2x6 crossed and screwed together. I plan on setting the trailer tires on them while the trailer is in storage and use them to put under the jacks when on asphalt. If I ever need to change a flat tire, they are a great base for a jack.

20210902_141807173_iOS.jpg

20210902_141820573_iOS.jpg

Jeff,
Agree 1/2 inch will give a bunch. Yeah, grandma is 73 and my little one is not 12 yet, so we gots to play it safe.

Wayne,
So make 4 of those, one fo reach tire?
Is the height a concern for rolling the tires on top of these?

So make 4 of those, one fo reach tire?
Yes

Is the height a concern for rolling the tires on top of these?
It may be, but if you jack each side up to put the blocks under the wheels, it should work fine, IF you are on a flat surface.

The wood blocks will start to sink as well, but not nearly as much as the tires.

I am heading out this weekend to fish for salmon close to the storage fac, I will ask the facilities guys to something now :)

Yeah, grandma is 73 and my little one is not 12 yet, so we gots to play it safe.
Fully understand. We're in the 60s in good health and vaxxed but are very conservative with our activities because our 34 YO daughter has RA and with the meds is compromised and at high risk and we don't want to/can't pass it on to her. We consider camping to be the one activity that's "safe" where we can limit exposure to others and do what we enjoy anyway. Reserve online, don't go inside on gas stops, don't use the campground restrooms, stay to ourselves, etc. Our new normal until there are proven therapeutics for daughter's situation.