The Falls Pineville MO

esmith2039

I consider this a hidden gem.. Took our toys with us this time. Had the kayaks and tubes in the trailer. The water is almost perfect or it was. Went to lunch on Saturday and when we came back it was 2-3 inches higher! I did put a pretty good video over on youtube.
IMG_6817.JPG
IMG_6822.JPG
IMG_6823.JPG

Allstays has the campground listed as "Big Elk Camp and Canoe Rental", while Google Maps shows it as "Campground at the Falls".

I wonder if the campground is under new ownership?

The falls look fun on a hot summer day. Is the building an old mill? Has it been converted into a restaurant or something?

Allstays has the campground listed as "Big Elk Camp and Canoe Rental", while Google Maps shows it as "Campground at the Falls".

I wonder if the campground is under new ownership?

The falls look fun on a hot summer day. Is the building an old mill? Has it been converted into a restaurant or something?

Pretty sure allstays is wrong, Big Elk Camp is actually in Pineville. You go by it to get to the falls. You know not sure on the restaurant good question! There's a concrete foundation on the other side I thought was a power plant but that could be the mill. It is perfect on hot days!

Pretty sure allstays is wrong, Big Elk Camp is actually in Pineville.
AllStays is very good about correcting errors. They had a bridge in my hometown marked as a low clearance bridge and it was at one time, but that bridge had been replaced years ago with a modern clearance bridge. I emailed them about the error and assured them with google street view pictures that indeed the bridge had been replaced. The error was corrected that day.