That's weird. Romotow T8 trailer

its sort of art deco, but can you imagine it in a small campground.
I've been in parks where my slide almost touched the neighbors slide out

I can't see this design making it. How are doing to explain that your "slide" is 12 feet on one side and 6 feet on the other? What if it rains and the ground gets soft, how would you keep the jacks from sinking into the ground? Can you imagine the bounce when your weight is at the end of one of the rooms that is perpendicular to the frame? The pivot system can only be complex and expensive to maintain over time. This just wouldn't be for me.

Neat idea, kinda cool looking, but man what a maintenance nightmare it would probably be. Bouncing that mechanism up some crappy camp road, it would have to be built like a tank to put up with that.

Also, $170,000 - $290,000

Ouch? Yes, definitely OUCH.

worth saying the trailer is from New Zealand.. probably never see one make it to the USA.

Now that I've seen the motion demo, I don't understand the need for a rotating assembly. This seems like a solution looking for a problem, that frankly doesn't exist. All the complexity to be able to turn the living quarters 90°. Maybe I'm missing something, but I do not see the point.

Pros:
- engineering masterpiece
- aesthetically appeals in a "new age" sort of way
- easily impress your multi-million dollar friends who also have too much money to waste
- the "cool" factor pegs the meter at 10 out of 10

Cons:
- engineering run amok; this thing not only swings open, but has to slide several feet forward before it can swing open ... :eek:
- KISS method apparently never heard of down under
- when deployed for camping, the torsional rotation towards the bedroom side would make the whole rig want to ride heavy on the "downstream" jack stands, etc (I can't imagine it would take much to tip this over on it's side in a storm, or soft ground)
- as already noted, this is a bastardized slide-out gone rogue, and would make even deploying it difficult, because the entire arc of swing has to be clear to "open" it (I do suppose it would still function fine in the closed position; which begs the question as to why have it rotate in the first place?)
- imagine the wiring/plumbing nightmare .... The main chassis has a (presumed) kitchenette at the back, meaning there's gas and electricity back there, but the rest of the trailer unit (main living area) has plumbing and wiring there also ... So are there two separate plumbing/wiring systems, or do they share a common system (meaning flex lines between the chassis and body running through the turret/slide section?)
- imagine the amount of dirt/dust/debris that gets on the "deck" even when the unit is traveling; it's exposed to the open air turbulence

This is what happens where there's no project manager overseeing the engineers.

Cons:
- engineering run amok; this thing not only swings open, but has to slide several feet forward before it can swing open ... :eek:
- KISS method apparently never heard of down under
- when deployed for camping, the torsional rotation towards the bedroom side would make the whole rig want to ride heavy on the "downstream" jack stands, etc (I can't imagine it would take much to tip this over on it's side in a storm, or soft ground)
- as already noted, this is a bastardized slide-out gone rogue, and would make even deploying it difficult, because the entire arc of swing has to be clear to "open" it (I do suppose it would still function fine in the closed position; which begs the question as to why have it rotate in the first place?)
- imagine the wiring/plumbing nightmare .... The main chassis has a (presumed) kitchenette at the back, meaning there's gas and electricity back there, but the rest of the trailer unit (main living area) has plumbing and wiring there also ... So are there two separate plumbing/wiring systems, or do they share a common system (meaning flex lines between the chassis and body running through the turret/slide section?)
- imagine the amount of dirt/dust/debris that gets on the "deck" even when the unit is traveling; it's exposed to the open air turbulence
I never thought of the plumbing, wiring, electrical, and propane complexity! Honey, I think the toilet pipe broke again!!

This is what happens where there's no project manager overseeing the engineers.
Seems like an experienced observation :cool:

Sounds like something an engineer would come up with that has been slacking on the job for a long time. Had to come up with something in a hurry. Some parks don’t even have room for slides but fortunately our TT doesn’t have any.